KIT digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at KIT digital

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solana Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KIT digital (Solana Beach, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process at Kit Digital was pretty cool.
    I was contacted via StackOverflow I saw the kind of developer they were wanting, I want to be that kind of developer.

I take to interviews by phone, one by HR and another by the Front End Senior developer leader, then I took the 1:1 in a whiteboard (javascript, css, html).

It was a tab window, loading content with ajax.

It was amazing because at that time I truly believe that I knew CSS and the interview show me that I was not even a junior css developer, they told me that I was very good with my core javascript was very good by my lack of css knowledge let me out of the position.

After that I studied a lot of CSS 2.1 and now I'm starting CSS 3, and my development process is faster because now I know how things happen with CSS (display, position, margins etc).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KIT digital (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was referred via a friend and had about 3 in person and 5 phone interviews, then was offered the job. The phone interviews varied in topic but none required advance information or prep, nothing like a case study. I don't know how typical or atypical this was given the referral.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KIT digital (San Diego, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

1. Initial phone screen with hiring manager.
    2. Technical phone screen by Technical Architect consisting of questions on core Java, Spring, Hibernate, and development process.
    3. Office visit which consisted of individual interviews with project members. Given a problem and asked to whiteboard a solution - design and code.
    4. Additional office visit to meet VP
    5. Offer extended

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were not exceedingly difficult due to previous experience working in necessary areas for position. Technical excellence with problem solving ability is highly regarded and sought.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solana Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KIT digital (Solana Beach, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviews are pretty thorough. There is a dedicated hiring manager and a series of interviews after passing him.

Negotiation

They really make an effort to make you feel welcome and excited to start a new company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KIT digital in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was with a senior architect that seemed more impressed with himself than actually giving information about the available position, the company, and seeing if I would be a good fit for the opening. He explained his role, and the size of the company, their client, and then went into an hour long question series that consisted of questions more appropriate for interviewing a Computer Science Professor rather than a Software Engineer. For a company so large, it made no sense to ask a developer architectural verbiage that will NEVER be applied to the tasks that would be assigned to them. All the questions could've easily been Googled, and didn't prove anything that makes a developer great. I would've much rather been given a code assignment to display my coding abilities, rather than having to answer questions such as, "What makes Java a unique Object Oriented language?" and "What language does Java compile to?" and "In what year was Java created and the name of the language?"...The interview was very insulting, and afterwards, I told the recruiter that I wasn't even interested in the results. Thirty minutes into the interview, I just wanted the guy to stop talking and if I had to work for him, then I knew I wouldn't want the job at all, regardless of the tasks given.

Interview Questions

• What language does Java compile to?   2 Answers

I did not want to work for someone so haughty. The interviewer did NOT represent the company very well. And anyone with that kind of cocky attitude should never do interviews. It's not just about choosing someone to fit the position. They must realize that people have many offers to chose from, and a company has part of a responsibility of selling themselves to the interviewer as well.