KKR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KKR Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

3.1

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

Thorough, saw 10 people, detailed questions, good follow-up
    typical financial investment questions
    no major twisters, really just very upfront and straighforward on calculating valuation, what you woud do in a particular deal scenario
    gave a few case studies
    Thorough, saw 10 people, detailed questions, good follow-up
    typical financial investment questions
    gave a few case studies

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

KKR has a long interview process, but that's a good thing. During the course of interviews (more than 10, multiple trips to the office) I had a good chance to meet my manager, team members, executive management, and members of other departments, sometimes via video conference emphasizing the global nature of the business. This gave me a good sense of the culture. Based on my time there so far, things told to me have been accurate, including how the team operates, the expected hours/workload, and the responsibilities of the role.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions both of a functional nature (focused on the ability to do the job) in the earlier stages. As the process progressed it became more conversational, which was a good indicator of the personalities of the people I would be working with and reporting to, and of course an indicator of mine to them.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

I was brought in through a temp agency and pre-vetted for the role. After a month covering for a maternity leave I was asked to join the team permanently.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the standard career history and performance questions, my interviewer was more interested in finding out about my personality and who I was as a person since the job required fitting into an existing team.   1 Answer

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KKR (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It is a long process but you will get to meet with a lot of the teams that you will be working with on a daily basis. Will need to come in multiple times to meet with the different groups though. They are flexible with timing.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked. Nothing much out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

They call you in and ask basic questions, some questions regarding the company so study up on them. Two or three people take turns interviewing you for 20 minutes each.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. They posted on the university career page online and were shortly in contact. Interviewed with a few people, including a phone interview. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Heard back quickly from them and then proceeded with the on boarding process - they conducted a thorough background check and called each reference.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

I applied through school, and it took a month to hear back from them. First round is phone and second round is onsite.
    I got very lucky, and u got hired.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three sets of two people interviewing me. Each set of people would interview me for thirty minutes. When they were done the next set of people would come in. They would go through my resume and ask about each job I had and what I liked and did not like about it.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Both interviews started 20-30 minutes late wth me sitting alone in a conference room. Overall very manuscript HR questions to determine if you "adapt" to their boutique culture or not.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about KKR? What is a perfect position to you?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited called me about this opportunity. Interview was setup very quickly. However, the feedback process was long wait. The interviewer was professional and presents the company well. The feedback from the interview was positive but I didn't make to the next step. I still don't know the exact reason. The company seems to have a family like culture and seems highly profitable.