KKR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KKR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.1

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

Thorough, saw 10 people, detailed questions, good follow-up
    typical financial investment questions
    no major twisters, really just very upfront and straighforward on calculating valuation, what you woud do in a particular deal scenario
    gave a few case studies
    Thorough, saw 10 people, detailed questions, good follow-up
    typical financial investment questions
    gave a few case studies

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KKR in May 2014.

Interview

Testing, background checks, reference checks, transcript verification, employment verification, and urine sample. Its like customs with a cavity search. For nothing bc ppl leave quickly anyway. People come and go quickly because they dont appreciate good people. And they are losing good people faster than you can blink!

Negotiation

The low ball you

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KKR (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The selection process is incredibly thorough and professional. I received a detailed and refreshingly 'plain English' job description, which simply described the role and wasn't cluttered with meaningless power phrases. In two rounds of interviews I met three senior members of the support team, who were very welcoming and went to great lengths to get to know more about me, the experience I'd bring to the role and how my personality would fit the culture of the company. I was asked some very specific and relevant competency questions and, at the same time, my questions were answered honestly and to the point. Overall both interviews felt like a very relaxed and balanced conversation. The first interview included a complex intray-exercise). This exercise was challenging, but I fully appreciate that this is a necessary step for any employer looking for the best talent.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you have been successful and it is your first day in the office. How do you settle into the new environment?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KKR (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very interesting interview. The people were very nice but the questions were a little challenging.

Interview Questions

• "If you had questions that no one had answers to, how would you handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy. Told them that i wanted a certain salary and they gave it.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

KKR has a long interview process, but that's a good thing. During the course of interviews (more than 10, multiple trips to the office) I had a good chance to meet my manager, team members, executive management, and members of other departments, sometimes via video conference emphasizing the global nature of the business. This gave me a good sense of the culture. Based on my time there so far, things told to me have been accurate, including how the team operates, the expected hours/workload, and the responsibilities of the role.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions both of a functional nature (focused on the ability to do the job) in the earlier stages. As the process progressed it became more conversational, which was a good indicator of the personalities of the people I would be working with and reporting to, and of course an indicator of mine to them.   Answer Question

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KKR (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It is a long process but you will get to meet with a lot of the teams that you will be working with on a daily basis. Will need to come in multiple times to meet with the different groups though. They are flexible with timing.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked. Nothing much out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

They call you in and ask basic questions, some questions regarding the company so study up on them. Two or three people take turns interviewing you for 20 minutes each.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic resume and behavioral questions to gauge your personality to see if you will be a fit with the firm's culture. Nothing to sweat about because they care more about your personality than any technical questions. They didn't ask any specifics about the firm and actually told me about it in my interview.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

I applied through school, and it took a month to hear back from them. First round is phone and second round is onsite.
    I got very lucky, and u got hired.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

There were three sets of two people interviewing me. Each set of people would interview me for thirty minutes. When they were done the next set of people would come in. They would go through my resume and ask about each job I had and what I liked and did not like about it.