KKR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KKR Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

3.2

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

Went through a recruiter. Interviews went very well, but a bit disorganized in their explanation of job description.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

Had three rounds of interviews in about two and a half weeks. First round I met with two individuals from HR, second round I met with the three Executives I'd be supporting and third round I met with three Senior Executive Assistants. After the last interview it took about a week to get an offer.

Interview q's were pretty standard - nothing too off the wall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiter took care of this for me - KKR offered me the salary I requested plus some (benefits, lunch allowance, promise of bonus, etc).

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. Questions like: what do you know about the company, why did you go to that college, what are you looking to get out of this, what are your skills in excel?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about interest rates. What do you think of them and their effects?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Long interview process. COO was late by 30 mins and was distracted during the whole process. The manager was nice and spoke nicely but all the others were a total waste of time.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I got an referral from my previous senior manager. I got interview invitation three weeks after I submitted the application, five rounds with one super day in total. It was tough.

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This is a great company with such prestige that I was taken aback by the interview process. Met with two HR Generalists for 30 minutes each. Each interviewer spent a good 25 minutes talking about the job, company, and themselves, and didn't really bother asking me about my skills, experience, or what I could bring to the company. Was that an interview or was that a sales pitch/therapy session gone wrong? Needless to say, I walked out of there knowing all too well that I was NOT going to return to round two. I mean, how could I have? They didn't have enough information about me to make a fair assessment. Such an odd interview style, especially since it's HR conducting an interview for a HR position.

Good company, great compensation and benefits, but expect to work long hours.

Interview Questions

• Only question that was really asked was: Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. They posted on the university career page online and were shortly in contact. Interviewed with a few people, including a phone interview. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Heard back quickly from them and then proceeded with the on boarding process - they conducted a thorough background check and called each reference.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

came in via a Staffing service... had 1 interview with 3 different people. The review was simple... sat down and had nice easy going conversation with 2 people from HR and one other Sr. EA. I was interviewing for a summer temp position so perhaps that is why it was easier. I became permanent at the end of the summer when I asked the Executive I covered for to vouch for me as I had decided that I wanted a full time job with benefits (needed insurance)...and EA's were really happy with the work environment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No matter what.. I always ask for 10k more than offered... it, in my opinion is a great exercise for everyone. Here... i was basically laughed at when I countered face to face w/ HR (who no longer works there)... but was basically told that they already give above and beyond regarding benefits... - medical, free lunch, etc. I of course accepted and was going to anyways.. but it just never hurts to ask.... -- for future people going in.. I'd say to focus on negotiating time off Vs pay.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

I was brought in through a temp agency and pre-vetted for the role. After a month covering for a maternity leave I was asked to join the team permanently.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the standard career history and performance questions, my interviewer was more interested in finding out about my personality and who I was as a person since the job required fitting into an existing team.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency. They scheduled me for a Wednesday. I was Interviewed for 40 minutes with pretty standard questions. The interviewer was VP and was very nice. She was very difficult to read though as to whether she liked me or not. I left completely unsure of whether they were considering me or not.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions like what did you like best/least about your past job.   Answer Question