KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KLA-Tencor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a telephonic interview scheduled. The interviewer asked me basic java concepts and difference between SOAP and REST web services. In the call we realized that my experience was not relevant to the position otherwise the interview went well.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First stage: Skype interview with a small presentation about my projects and background
    Second stage: In-person interview at their Milpitas, CA location consisting of a 30-45min presentation on my PhD research followed by a series of five ~1 hr long one-on-one interviews
    ---
    Overall, my interview experience was negative and I walked out of the interview at the end of the day intending to decline an offer, if they gave me one.

The research presentation went fine, aside from technical difficulties getting their presentation system to work at the beginning. However, the one-on-one interviews felt like a giant waste of time and coming out I had no idea how I would fit in there. Conversely, based on the interactions, I have no idea how they could possibly know if I was a good fit.

The first interviewer rambled on incoherently about various projects and teams he was working on. Several of the other interviewers treated our interaction as a quiz where they asked me a long series of (essentially) yes or no questions relating to my skills, background, and experience. They didn't allow it to become a discussion where I could share more about my experiences and skills. One interviewer actually had some reasonable and interesting technical questions, but when we actually started having a discussion we ran out of time. The very last interviewer somehow seemed more tired and more uninterested than I was.

To top this off, the company didn't reimburse me for my taxi costs (although they claim to have sent the check). It's only $30... but if you're going to say you do something, at least follow through.

Senior Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through the employee referral program. There was a phone interview with 3 people. After phone interview, there was a on-site interview. I was asked to present my previous work. Then there were 5 one on one interviews, including one with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or remarkable enough to stand out.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a mail from a recruiter asking me to come for an onsite Interview. As I wasn't in the US, we organised a phone interview that lasted 45 minutes. We went through my resume and they only asked me a lot of questions about my projects. I interviewed with the team manager and an engineer from the team, they were really nice, but I also very neutral in the way they were talking to me.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good, all the people are very friendly and kind, and asked questions listed on your resume, and tried to more about you. Before, the 1:1 interview, a presentation should be prepared, one hour.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

First, over the phone interview with the team lead. If you do that well, they fly you in for in-person interviews at their location.

For the in-person interview(s), there are 5 separate interviews. Three with two team members and the team lead, where you'll go through some C++/C# interview questions using the white board, as well as find bugs/write simple programs on paper.

Two additional interviews with higher-ups such as engineering managers and also a brief talk with the recruiter from HR. Lengthy process of 5+ hours. Be prepared on your technical stuff and specifically your C++ skills and usage of pointers/memory.

Applications Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with HR and other one with an Engineer. Both people were very nice and encouraging. The only thing is it took 1 month to get updated.

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to kla tencor through an employee referral. Got a call from the hr and he talked a lot about the role and what would be expected of me if i took the job. I was pumped about the job because it matched my skillset. I didn't hear from the hr for over a month and then he scheduled my on site interview. I interviewed with 5 other candidates. The interview started with a presentation by one of their diriectors introducing us about the company and what it did. Then we had to learn image processing algorithms mostly related to comparing images and drawing a histogram to show which algorithm was better and why. Then we had 6 one on one interviews with managers from each of the app dev team.

Interview Questions

• Resume Specific questions and brain teasers.... they take the brain teasers seriously... i didnt prepare for them   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

long, surprising, valuated on how much you target pay. I meet two software engineer, again questions were unrelated. Apparently; there were no question what did I do, why I am leaving, one asked question about memory allocation of a pointer calling a different function.

Interview Questions

• programming, multi-threading, and unrelated   1 Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The Hiring doesn't see to fully prepared for this interview. He talks a lot and doesn't even give me an chance to talk. After that interview, it takes 3 weeks to let me know the result because the hiring manager didn't give any feedback to the recruiter about my interview. This is rediculous.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask me a question. Not even a"tell me about you self "   Answer Question