KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

3.1

Senior Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through the employee referral program. There was a phone interview with 3 people. After phone interview, there was a on-site interview. I was asked to present my previous work. Then there were 5 one on one interviews, including one with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or remarkable enough to stand out.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a mail from a recruiter asking me to come for an onsite Interview. As I wasn't in the US, we organised a phone interview that lasted 45 minutes. We went through my resume and they only asked me a lot of questions about my projects. I interviewed with the team manager and an engineer from the team, they were really nice, but I also very neutral in the way they were talking to me.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

The interview process was thorough. Each of the managers that met with me spoke highly of the company, your co workers become your family. The management team is delightful to work for. Working long hours was a question, i recommend you answer it honestly. There was a panel for the interview, i've heard it can range from 3-5 managers that will interview with you.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was pretty much all behavioral. Focused a lot on what technologies you've used in the past and what projects you have applied them to. You speak to the manager and the team lead and then to the HR coordinator, all very friendly.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good, all the people are very friendly and kind, and asked questions listed on your resume, and tried to more about you. Before, the 1:1 interview, a presentation should be prepared, one hour.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

First, over the phone interview with the team lead. If you do that well, they fly you in for in-person interviews at their location.

For the in-person interview(s), there are 5 separate interviews. Three with two team members and the team lead, where you'll go through some C++/C# interview questions using the white board, as well as find bugs/write simple programs on paper.

Two additional interviews with higher-ups such as engineering managers and also a brief talk with the recruiter from HR. Lengthy process of 5+ hours. Be prepared on your technical stuff and specifically your C++ skills and usage of pointers/memory.

Applications Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with HR and other one with an Engineer. Both people were very nice and encouraging. The only thing is it took 1 month to get updated.

Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the project leader, the technical advisor and another engineer. It was largely informal and covered both my past experience and the nature of the project. It lasted about an hour and was complete enough that I could see into the project needs and offer some suggestions.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to adapt a crowded user interface for mobile reporting?   1 Answer

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to kla tencor through an employee referral. Got a call from the hr and he talked a lot about the role and what would be expected of me if i took the job. I was pumped about the job because it matched my skillset. I didn't hear from the hr for over a month and then he scheduled my on site interview. I interviewed with 5 other candidates. The interview started with a presentation by one of their diriectors introducing us about the company and what it did. Then we had to learn image processing algorithms mostly related to comparing images and drawing a histogram to show which algorithm was better and why. Then we had 6 one on one interviews with managers from each of the app dev team.

Interview Questions

• Resume Specific questions and brain teasers.... they take the brain teasers seriously... i didnt prepare for them   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met up with 5 other potential candidates in Milpitas and had lunch with interviewers while listening to a KLA-Tencor introduction presentation. We were then split up to have individual 30 minute interviews with the Apps development hiring team. They asked basic team-based scenario questions and some estimation questions to see how well we can think on our feet. One of the interviewers tested us to see if we could come up with methods to determine if there are defects in a picture, assuming we are given the original picture as a basis.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of gasoline are used every week in San Jose, CA?   1 Answer
    • If I have a box 2m x 3m x 6m filled with quarters and then I stack the quarters, how tall will it be?   1 Answer