KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met up with 5 other potential candidates in Milpitas and had lunch with interviewers while listening to a KLA-Tencor introduction presentation. We were then split up to have individual 30 minute interviews with the Apps development hiring team. They asked basic team-based scenario questions and some estimation questions to see how well we can think on our feet. One of the interviewers tested us to see if we could come up with methods to determine if there are defects in a picture, assuming we are given the original picture as a basis.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of gasoline are used every week in San Jose, CA?   1 Answer
    • If I have a box 2m x 3m x 6m filled with quarters and then I stack the quarters, how tall will it be?   1 Answer

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to kla tencor through an employee referral. Got a call from the hr and he talked a lot about the role and what would be expected of me if i took the job. I was pumped about the job because it matched my skillset. I didn't hear from the hr for over a month and then he scheduled my on site interview. I interviewed with 5 other candidates. The interview started with a presentation by one of their diriectors introducing us about the company and what it did. Then we had to learn image processing algorithms mostly related to comparing images and drawing a histogram to show which algorithm was better and why. Then we had 6 one on one interviews with managers from each of the app dev team.

Interview Questions

• Resume Specific questions and brain teasers.... they take the brain teasers seriously... i didnt prepare for them   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

long, surprising, valuated on how much you target pay. I meet two software engineer, again questions were unrelated. Apparently; there were no question what did I do, why I am leaving, one asked question about memory allocation of a pointer calling a different function.

Interview Questions

• programming, multi-threading, and unrelated   1 Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The Hiring doesn't see to fully prepared for this interview. He talks a lot and doesn't even give me an chance to talk. After that interview, it takes 3 weeks to let me know the result because the hiring manager didn't give any feedback to the recruiter about my interview. This is rediculous.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask me a question. Not even a"tell me about you self "   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Two full days of interviews with multiple managers and engineers. I presented my research and had a panel discussion with lots of questions followed by 1:1 interviews with multiples engineers and management. I had an opportunity to ask questions and learn about company culture.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple managers to evaluate overall compatibility.
    I was hired in 2000 and the industry was very different. At the time the company was in the middle of hiring 3000 employees in 9 months. Positions within the company are hard to come by and interviewers typically apply a great deal of stress to understand their true personality.

Interview Questions

• How confident was I that my military training would transfer to the private sector.   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter to set up a 2 hour onsite interview. First spoke with the hiring manager then panel of 3 consisting of software and application engineers. Received a phone call in a week saying they are making an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a question regarding defects on wafer and how would you approach to solve it.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. I interviewed with the hiring manager and then was brought back in for interviews with the extended team. Subsequent to this had a phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself and why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I had applied in college, and the recruiter was flattered that I had taken the time to find out what the company did and my potential role. I was informed that most students don't even take the time to research any information. First interview was on-campus. Second interview was on-site. They started with a tour of the pilot lab, then proceeded with different phases of the interview with different managers. Some tested problem solving ability with a string of basic logic questions, while others tested problem solving ability related to the work at hand. One technical interviewer made sure that you actually knew everything that you had included on your resume (e.g., definitions, in-depth questions about your experience). And, of course they tested some emotional intelligence.

Interview Questions

• What is a scanning electron microscope and how does it work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Got a phone interview from HR. Then the 2nd interview with the hiring manager. Then I was invited for on site interview where I met several key people i will be working with. General questions, as they needed people, the process went really swiftly. I had 2 phone interviews and 1 on site interview and got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• How well do i handle stress. Do I have experience in driving certain projects etc   Answer Question