KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KLA-Tencor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

3.1

Optical Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical questions a lot, which is related to your major and field to work on. Well organized interview process by multiple people with different level and background. Interview people are expert in this field, and ask deep and in detail in related field. They care about if you have the right skills and can make contribution to the company. The interview make take several (5 to 6) hours in a day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

The hiring process is very long. They take you through several rounds of interview and conclude the process with several presentations. This is a very important position in that company and so you should be able to sell yourself well.
    They quiz you with some image processing problems which can be answered with some common knowledge. They give you problems which can be solved by using some technical algorithms. They have a technical round where they quiz you on your majors. The questions depend upon who interviews you. It is just the same team members quizzing you on your major's subject.

Interview Questions

• Image processing algorithm based questions were difficult during the time of my interview. But later when I thought about it, it was not unsolvable without prior knowledge in that subject. Need to be very analytic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

campus recruit

Senior Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Dropped resume at college job fair. Got a call a week later from hiring manager and had quick easy chat about job role and responsibilities. Came in for interview a couple weeks later and meet with people for 5 hours. Interviewed by 2 managers and a slew of peers. Nothing too challenging. Kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle temperature fluctuations during wafer review process?   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2014.

Interview

My resume was passed along by a colleague who works at KLA-Tencor. I got a call by a recruiter out of the blue who proceeded to give me a somewhat rigorous technical interview (which was hard because I had no time to prepare), and it went so rough I honestly thought I would not get a call back. Nonetheless, I was invited for an on-site interview about two weeks later. It consisted of 5 half-hour interviews with different people on the Applications teams. Talked a lot about the nature of the position, since it required 50% travel. They were nice people but constantly interrupted the interview to take phone calls.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a SEM technique for detecting structural defects in a sample? 27 balls puzzle.   Answer Question

Associate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Technical problem solver with the ability to troubleshoot, pinpoint and resolve issues efficiently to reduce operational cost. Proficient with Optical and electro-mechanical systems as well as manufacturing integration and test processes. Eager to learn new skills and enjoys working in a team based environment and as an individual contributor.

Interview Questions

• • Test diagnosed and repaired printed circuit board to component level.
      • Installed and Calibrated print circuit boards in KLA-Tencor wafer inspection tool.
      • Troubles hooted all hardware and software related issues.
      • Used of test equipment such as Oscilloscope, DVM, power supply, function generator.
      • Worked closely with manufacturing and design engineering teams to insure better quality PCBs.
      • Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment
      Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Boise, ID) in June 2014.

Interview

Very efficient and professional. I was contacted shortly after applying for the job and was given a phone interview with HR to determine viability. About a week later I had a phone interview with my potential boss, followed by a on site interview to review my skill set and watch my interaction with the team.

Interview Questions

• Insightful questions about my research.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2014.

Interview

submit my resume at college care fair
    got a call from the hiring manager and talked for half hour
    got a onsite interview one week later
    got a call after that said they will give me the offer
    Everything is great and people are helpful and nice

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical almost,
      Meet with 5 manager one by one.
      Great and nice people
      Answer Question

Negotiation

i didnt negotiate

Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in May 2014.

Interview

I've got a call from HR first then another call from a hiring manager.
    My hiring manager was late to call more than 10 min. but it was okay. The call was very short and I was invited for on-site interview.

On interview, 5 interviewrs were arranged. However they were very disorganized. 3 of them were not shown on time. I was wait for more than 10 -20 min. Two of them complained about their job functions which was not professional at all. I felt the job or company looks slow & not mch attractive.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

A few in depth Technical questions. Other than that they asked about situation based questions and also question on OS, Security Threats etc. There were three interviews two Technical and one HR

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recommended by a previous professor which basically means that the professor did the initial screening. After that it was an in person interview with my manager that was very casual (Khakis and a collared shirt, suit and tie not needed in my case). The interview was pretty basic. This probably depends on your manager and group though.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience. They also asked some basic engineering concept questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clear and quick.