KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KLA-Tencor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Application Developer Interview

Interview

I got an email from the hiring manager first. Then I had an phone interview with him. A week later, I got noticed to have an onsite interview with them. I did a 1 hour presentation in the morning and meet about 8 ppl. Then I got phone call from the recruiter the second day after my interview

Interview Questions

• most of the question was related with my own presentation. So be confident about your own stuff and do you home work is very important.   Answer Question

Applications Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

phone interview and two on-site interviews

Interview Questions

• none. maybe some statistic questions about the signal treatement   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

had one phone interview, all behavior questions. On-site interview includes an algorithm test to detect the defects in image

Human Resources Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through university recruitment-got a phone interview-got an onsite interview-had 4 interviews with leadership and business partners-awaiting results

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very Efficient and straight forward. The whole process took less than a month from first contact to an offer. There was first a phone interview. When you pass that stag they bring you in for onsite interview. The onsite interview includes a two minute presentation of what the applicant thinks the role involves.

Interview Questions

• The normal generic questions. " Tell me about yourself and how you fit in the organization"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was non-negotialble

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

First, phone screening. then the HR set up an interview with the hiring manager on site. The interview went on for about 45 minutes. That was in Milpitas. After that interview, there should be another round of interview with the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Question related to GD&T: What is projected tolerance?   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Malta, NY).

Interview

It was a half an interview on campus through the career fair. One of the questions was if I am supposed to eliminate one state from the states in US, what would it be?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got an onsite interview.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Inventory Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview was going really good, I actually felt comfortable about possibly working there, seemed like a nice place to work. The people seemed nice especially the guy doing the interview. But perhaps that was the problem, he seemed nice. But nice is not the lasting impression I have of this guy, he was actually quite rude. As we were talking he motioned for me to follow him, so I did. Did I mention we were still talking about the job as if the interview was still in progress as he was escorting me to the door and then said goodbye. This has to be by far the strangest way to show someone you must have said something wrong. This guy seemed to have all of a sudden make up his mind about something, and quickly. Usually if you answer something and they don't like the answer, they should get a little more information before deciding so quickly that you are not the one he is going to hire. Or at least come clean about what it was.
    After thinking about it though, when I was called about coming in for an interview I was mistaken for someone else 3 times in one phone call, but that was the fault of the temp agency. Made me think that he already knew who he was going to hire, I was just to make it look as if he interviewed others. It was really kind of strange how he just escorted me out the door while still interviewing me, so it seemed. I am chuckling about it but I am not laughing, I thought I would be a perfect fit for the position and I had almost 26 years experience at Stanford University. So what was the problem???