KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Albany, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview

Got the on campus interview during career fair. It was 30 min 1:1 talk about behavior questions. The second round was an onsite interview, which included a pre-test and 6 1:1 talks, also focusing on behavior questions and anything on your resume. All the people are nice to interact with and have provided a friendly and freely environment. Good place to work for.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview

submitted resume on line.
    phone interviewed with a recruiter for 45 minutes, and got invited for onsite interview.
    onsite interview began very early, with a presentation. the interview coordinator forgot to inform me about the presentation. I found some inconsistency in the interview schedule, and asked for clarification. Then she told me I need to give presentation, just 2 day before the interview, so I spent quite a bit time on it, that was probably not a good use of my time right before the interview.
    1:1 interview with 6 people, each lasted for 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special. but seemed they prefer internal candidates.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by an onsite interview after ~2 weeks. Phone interviews are mostly technical questions in the resume, onsite interview starts with a technical presentation (~45 mins) followed by 7-8 one to one interview, mixed with technical and behavioral questions. None of questions are really difficult. Most interviewers are friendly and sharp in technology.

Interview

Interview with 5 individuals including managers and team members.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Rochester, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

1. Core strength and weakness
    2. Provide an example of technical challenge
    3. How do you know the company
    4. many things to do or single thing to do at the same time
    5. what is you favorite carrer/job without morning alarm
    6. what the company doing
    7. How to deal with a tough customer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviews are held throughout the day.
    I had 9 interviewers over the course of the day.
    Its all resume based. All technical, no HR person in the line up no HR questions. All was based on the work i did and then some questions were extrapolated from it.

Interview Questions

• design an algorithm or come up with a logic if you have 512x512 scan and you need to find a defect in it. You can compare it with another reference, if you want   Answer Question

Negotiation

KLA always underpays when they offer you. Most they will go up is ~5K.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

On campus interview (almost entirely behavioral questions). Second round was a phone interview with two controllers (also behavioral)

Negotiation

The housing allowance is nice, but it can be a little tight considering the housing market in Silicon Valley.. Remember that whatever the housing allowance is that they offer you it is before tax (and will be taxed at their corporate tax rate before you get any of it).

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Initial phone screen

Interview Questions

• Required an engineering degree even though it was not specified in the job description   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

5-6 people interviewed in the final round lasting 1 hour each. Initial phone (2) rounds were about 20-30 minutes each. Interview rounds were not very difficult. The level was average.