KLA-Tencor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

3.1

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Questions

• how to troubleshooting, some optics concept   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair market price

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met HR at Info Session in my university and submitted resume. A few days later, they contacted me to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by the subdivision manager, and it's mainly about review of resume, with focus on one or two specific projects.

A few weeks later, received invitation for on-site interview. The onsite one was conducted at their HQ in Milpitas, which consisted of 5-6 one-to-one interview and a one-hour presentation explaining one of my past projects. The questions are about signal processing knowledge (especially in image processing), and they are not very tricky if you are familiar with DSP. Some interviewers will also test your programming skills in MATLAB.

After the interview, received offer in about three days.

Interview Questions

• Not many unexpected questions. One was about edge detection using Moore neighborhood tracing. The MATLAB problem was about pattern matching using correlation and clustering.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview:
    Recruiter setup the initial phone screening with the recruiting manager.
    The phone screening lasted for about 35 minutes. Started with my field of experience and depth into the design and architecture. After the phone screening, I have been asked to come for the personal interview. It lasted for 2 and half hours with the 3 different group of people. Because of one the team member was absent that day, I had to come again for 45 minutes.

People/Culture:
    The culture is unusual for me. They do follow AGILE process but it is not really AGILE, they pretty much end up following waterfall methodology because of the product development.
    The change management system is not great. They use lot of braching, developer has to merge the code. The timings are flexible if you are delivering your tasks in time.

Interview Questions

• One of them asked me about university. One of the panel member did not speak a word.
      They did not ask more technical questions to me, just overall experience.
      I ended up asking more about the company and the interviewer.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. It depends on the individual and the demand.

Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met the recruiter at the school. A phone interview with the hiring manager, went over some basic question. Then on site interview. Had a presentation for 30 mins. Meeting with 5 people. The process is very fast.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied online. My resume was shortlisted by the HR Manager, and was contacted by e-mail. A telephone interview (15-20 mins) was scheduled, following which I was invited onsite for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you negotiate a deadline with a customer, with whom you've had a successful track record in the past?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Phone interview: Went over my CV, gave me information on the group, company. Questions were related to position description.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Malta, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted the application at campus job fair. Get an on-campus interview first. one month later, got the phoneinterview notification. The competition is fiercely, they will pick 3 persons out of 30 first round interviewees.

Interview Questions

• what will you do when will have a lot of stuffs to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

Interview

The HR sent an e-mail with details on position. The hiring manager called me for the interview on phone. The call was about half an hour with details focussed on how work at current company was organized.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain in detail, on what your work time is organized, with split in time spent for various work activities. He wanted specific answers as to how this would be for the entire year.   Answer Question

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Two days long. Lot of algorithms and white board sessions on coding, engineering principles. Some of the interviewers where junior engineers who have been with the company less than 6 months. But smart set of people.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR, an unexpected position to me.
    Got phone call from the manager. It lasted for half an hour, all general questions.
    Unfortunately, my background does not fit this position.