KLA-Tencor Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

3.1

Senior Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through the employee referral program. There was a phone interview with 3 people. After phone interview, there was a on-site interview. I was asked to present my previous work. Then there were 5 one on one interviews, including one with the HR.

Data Analyst Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a mail from a recruiter asking me to come for an onsite Interview. As I wasn't in the US, we organised a phone interview that lasted 45 minutes. We went through my resume and they only asked me a lot of questions about my projects. I interviewed with the team manager and an engineer from the team, they were really nice, but I also very neutral in the way they were talking to me.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good, all the people are very friendly and kind, and asked questions listed on your resume, and tried to more about you. Before, the 1:1 interview, a presentation should be prepared, one hour.

Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the project leader, the technical advisor and another engineer. It was largely informal and covered both my past experience and the nature of the project. It lasted about an hour and was complete enough that I could see into the project needs and offer some suggestions.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to adapt a crowded user interface for mobile reporting?   1 Answer

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met up with 5 other potential candidates in Milpitas and had lunch with interviewers while listening to a KLA-Tencor introduction presentation. We were then split up to have individual 30 minute interviews with the Apps development hiring team. They asked basic team-based scenario questions and some estimation questions to see how well we can think on our feet. One of the interviewers tested us to see if we could come up with methods to determine if there are defects in a picture, assuming we are given the original picture as a basis.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of gasoline are used every week in San Jose, CA?   1 Answer
    • If I have a box 2m x 3m x 6m filled with quarters and then I stack the quarters, how tall will it be?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

long, surprising, valuated on how much you target pay. I meet two software engineer, again questions were unrelated. Apparently; there were no question what did I do, why I am leaving, one asked question about memory allocation of a pointer calling a different function.

Interview Questions

• programming, multi-threading, and unrelated   1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. I interviewed with the hiring manager and then was brought back in for interviews with the extended team. Subsequent to this had a phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself and why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Dropped resume at college job fair. Got a call a week later from hiring manager and had quick easy chat about job role and responsibilities. Came in for interview a couple weeks later and meet with people for 5 hours. Interviewed by 2 managers and a slew of peers. Nothing too challenging. Kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle temperature fluctuations during wafer review process?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

A few in depth Technical questions. Other than that they asked about situation based questions and also question on OS, Security Threats etc. There were three interviews two Technical and one HR

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was recommended by a previous professor which basically means that the professor did the initial screening. After that it was an in person interview with my manager that was very casual (Khakis and a collared shirt, suit and tie not needed in my case). The interview was pretty basic. This probably depends on your manager and group though.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience. They also asked some basic engineering concept questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Clear and quick.