KLA-Tencor Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KLA-Tencor Research Scientist Interview Questions

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Applied online w/out a referral while finishing up my PhD.
Head of hiring group called out of the blue for a 20 minute interview about my experience.
Flew up to KT for a 30 minute presentation and 5 one-on-ones. Some of the 1-on-1s were pretty casual, some were more technical in nature.
Was told they were going to make an offer but then had to fly up again to interview with the group VP. VP was late and the 1 hour interview turned into 30 minutes.
Then got the offer and accepted it w/out any negotiation.

Interview Questions

• I had worked with some plasma chambers in grad school. They asked me the frequency at which the chamber operated, but I didn't know the answer. Totally ok to say I don't know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Thirty minutes phone conversation with the hiring manager within two weeks. Invited on-site. Four interviewers -- two principal scientists, the manager (also principal scientist himself) and the director.

Interview problem are mainly the technical questions on my previous research and development projects. Clearly, all interviewers are very intelligent and sharp, almost made me feel that they were involved in these researches and projects. One interviewer showed me a problem in his work, and his solution to the problem. I am impressed.

Employment package is then offered within couple of days. The salary is below other offers I collected. But I decided to go with this team mainly because the work and the people.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Phone interview: Went over my CV, gave me information on the group, company. Questions were related to position description.

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR, an unexpected position to me.
    Got phone call from the manager. It lasted for half an hour, all general questions.
    Unfortunately, my background does not fit this position.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

On site for a whole day, met 6 people including manager, HR, and future colleagues. Questions centered around resume. Some challenging questions from their projects. Waited for 3 weeks. The HR called to discussed the offer and then after background check got the formal offer

Interview Questions

• One technical guy asked some HR questions. Obvious peer competation   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview from hiring manager, then onsite 5 1:1 interview. Finally 2 phone interviews.