KLA-Tencor Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First stage: Skype interview with a small presentation about my projects and background
    Second stage: In-person interview at their Milpitas, CA location consisting of a 30-45min presentation on my PhD research followed by a series of five ~1 hr long one-on-one interviews
    ---
    Overall, my interview experience was negative and I walked out of the interview at the end of the day intending to decline an offer, if they gave me one.

The research presentation went fine, aside from technical difficulties getting their presentation system to work at the beginning. However, the one-on-one interviews felt like a giant waste of time and coming out I had no idea how I would fit in there. Conversely, based on the interactions, I have no idea how they could possibly know if I was a good fit.

The first interviewer rambled on incoherently about various projects and teams he was working on. Several of the other interviewers treated our interaction as a quiz where they asked me a long series of (essentially) yes or no questions relating to my skills, background, and experience. They didn't allow it to become a discussion where I could share more about my experiences and skills. One interviewer actually had some reasonable and interesting technical questions, but when we actually started having a discussion we ran out of time. The very last interviewer somehow seemed more tired and more uninterested than I was.

To top this off, the company didn't reimburse me for my taxi costs (although they claim to have sent the check). It's only $30... but if you're going to say you do something, at least follow through.

Senior Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through the employee referral program. There was a phone interview with 3 people. After phone interview, there was a on-site interview. I was asked to present my previous work. Then there were 5 one on one interviews, including one with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or remarkable enough to stand out.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a mail from a recruiter asking me to come for an onsite Interview. As I wasn't in the US, we organised a phone interview that lasted 45 minutes. We went through my resume and they only asked me a lot of questions about my projects. I interviewed with the team manager and an engineer from the team, they were really nice, but I also very neutral in the way they were talking to me.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good, all the people are very friendly and kind, and asked questions listed on your resume, and tried to more about you. Before, the 1:1 interview, a presentation should be prepared, one hour.

Software Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the project leader, the technical advisor and another engineer. It was largely informal and covered both my past experience and the nature of the project. It lasted about an hour and was complete enough that I could see into the project needs and offer some suggestions.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to adapt a crowded user interface for mobile reporting?   1 Answer

Applications Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Met up with 5 other potential candidates in Milpitas and had lunch with interviewers while listening to a KLA-Tencor introduction presentation. We were then split up to have individual 30 minute interviews with the Apps development hiring team. They asked basic team-based scenario questions and some estimation questions to see how well we can think on our feet. One of the interviewers tested us to see if we could come up with methods to determine if there are defects in a picture, assuming we are given the original picture as a basis.

Interview Questions

• How many gallons of gasoline are used every week in San Jose, CA?   1 Answer
    • If I have a box 2m x 3m x 6m filled with quarters and then I stack the quarters, how tall will it be?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

long, surprising, valuated on how much you target pay. I meet two software engineer, again questions were unrelated. Apparently; there were no question what did I do, why I am leaving, one asked question about memory allocation of a pointer calling a different function.

Interview Questions

• programming, multi-threading, and unrelated   1 Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The Hiring doesn't see to fully prepared for this interview. He talks a lot and doesn't even give me an chance to talk. After that interview, it takes 3 weeks to let me know the result because the hiring manager didn't give any feedback to the recruiter about my interview. This is rediculous.

Interview Questions

• He didn't really ask me a question. Not even a"tell me about you self "   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process. I interviewed with the hiring manager and then was brought back in for interviews with the extended team. Subsequent to this had a phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself and why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Dropped resume at college job fair. Got a call a week later from hiring manager and had quick easy chat about job role and responsibilities. Came in for interview a couple weeks later and meet with people for 5 hours. Interviewed by 2 managers and a slew of peers. Nothing too challenging. Kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle temperature fluctuations during wafer review process?   Answer Question