KLA-Tencor Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KLA-Tencor Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

First, over the phone interview with the team lead. If you do that well, they fly you in for in-person interviews at their location.

For the in-person interview(s), there are 5 separate interviews. Three with two team members and the team lead, where you'll go through some C++/C# interview questions using the white board, as well as find bugs/write simple programs on paper.

Two additional interviews with higher-ups such as engineering managers and also a brief talk with the recruiter from HR. Lengthy process of 5+ hours. Be prepared on your technical stuff and specifically your C++ skills and usage of pointers/memory.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

long, surprising, valuated on how much you target pay. I meet two software engineer, again questions were unrelated. Apparently; there were no question what did I do, why I am leaving, one asked question about memory allocation of a pointer calling a different function.

Interview Questions

• programming, multi-threading, and unrelated   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

5-6 people interviewed in the final round lasting 1 hour each. Initial phone (2) rounds were about 20-30 minutes each. Interview rounds were not very difficult. The level was average.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview:
    Recruiter setup the initial phone screening with the recruiting manager.
    The phone screening lasted for about 35 minutes. Started with my field of experience and depth into the design and architecture. After the phone screening, I have been asked to come for the personal interview. It lasted for 2 and half hours with the 3 different group of people. Because of one the team member was absent that day, I had to come again for 45 minutes.

People/Culture:
    The culture is unusual for me. They do follow AGILE process but it is not really AGILE, they pretty much end up following waterfall methodology because of the product development.
    The change management system is not great. They use lot of braching, developer has to merge the code. The timings are flexible if you are delivering your tasks in time.

Interview Questions

• One of them asked me about university. One of the panel member did not speak a word.
      They did not ask more technical questions to me, just overall experience.
      I ended up asking more about the company and the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. It depends on the individual and the demand.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

One technical interview with 5 people and the other with Manager's Boss

Negotiation

Sign on Bonus.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Chennai (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

OOPs concept , DS, design a product , technical skill , other new skill , they will see how promising you are with the relationship , means how long planning to stay atleast.

Interview Questions

• Virtual function , COM, smart ptr , puzzles , problems and which DS fits best   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Pune (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process of KLA Tencor consists of three - four technical rounds.

They mainly look for candidates good in C++, OOPS, data structures and logic. Good to have skills are, STL, Python, DLLs, OS. I personally felt that they focus more on DS.

First round questions,
    1) OOPS basic concepts and how are how can we achieve it programatically.
    2) why const key word, const functions, its significance.
    3) static keyword, static members, static object.
    4) assignment copy constructor, when should they be made private and when protected etc.
    5) why multiple inheritance
    6) philosophy of OOPS.
    7) function hiding when overloading during overriding etc, why it happens.
    8) different searching algos, which is the fastest, given some scenarios which fits the best. Complexity and performance of each searching and sorting algo.
    9) trees and graphs,
    10) which ds is used by compiler to store local variables
    11) and some questions around trees.
    12) STL

Second round,
    This round focuses totally into DS and design part.
    1).questions on threading, Sync objects, which to use and when to use.
    2).atleast 7-8 scenario based programs where I have been asked to write the pseudo code.
    3).complexity of all search alogs and eg of scenarios for which to choose when.
    4).given some scenarios and asked to design a class for it.
    5). basic questions on design patterns.
    6). asked to write a program to count the number of object created on heap and on stack,
    7). another program to make a address book such that search can be made both via name and address. asked many questions around this scenario and discussed the performance of my design.
    8) STL

waiting for my second round result. :)

One thing I want to share, this is among the few interviews I have given that seems to be a selection process rather than a rejection process. Interviewer always ask about the comfort in any topic before asking any questions. and assist help you in your design and logic building question. The questions were very nicely chosen and covers many topics in one question.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in July 2007.

Interview

phone interview, on site group and 1:1 interview