KLA-Tencor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KLA-Tencor Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 28, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, on-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for KLA-Tencor

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA).

Interview

One phone interview, followed by several 1-1 interview, some behavioral and some technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer came, and they did not want to negotiate, take it or leave it. However, I got to choose my starting date.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor in March 2013.

Interview

The HR sent an e-mail with details on position. The hiring manager called me for the interview on phone. The call was about half an hour with details focussed on how work at current company was organized.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain in detail, on what your work time is organized, with split in time spent for various work activities. He wanted specific answers as to how this would be for the entire year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

It is phone screen, on site interview. In general day interview. 6 people throughout day, Some of them technical, Some of them from management. It is phone screen, on site interview. In general day interview. 6 people throughout day, Some of them technical, Some of them from management.

Interview Questions

• General & Technical about software development cycle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Milpitas, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

1 Telephonic interview if you clear this then onsite interview

7 interviews on the onsite interview day, Some Resume based, Some C++, Some Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (San Jose, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

my background was in EE. Interviewed for software engr. one of the interviewer said position for software engr and looked at my resume few times and left. supposed to meet with 6 people but had interview with only 4.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Interviewer doesn't understand the basics of Computer Science. A good coder is 100 times better than an average coder.
    2. Interviewer can't see multiple solutions to the same problem. No analytical thinking.

Good place to reproduce what you read.. Quote solutions from StackOverflow / GeekforGeeks for simple C++ language references

Interview Questions

• How to determine if an object is in stack or heap   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Chennai (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not as simple as expected. There was an image processing round in which a team of employees came and explained a topic in image processing which they have been using in their company. This was followed by a set of questions based on that topic. In this way they made sure that they select who think on their feet.

Interview Questions

• Write a code for a class so that only one object of that class can be instantiated.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor (Chennai (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

The written test was on interviewstreet 23 objective and 2 coding questions .

Interview Questions

• Stressed a lot on the oops concept (the only reason i was thrown out).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KLA-Tencor.

Interview

Written test – 75 mins

More questions from C, C++, Data Structures and two programming questions, and the second half from normal aptitude.
    ·         First interview – 30 mins
    ·         Second interview – 60 mins
    ·         Final interview – 60 mins

Interview Questions

• Given a schenario and asked to model software design   1 Answer