KLAS Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

3.2

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises (Orem, UT).

Interview

Approximately 4 interviews, management, team, direct report etc. Overall it was extremely organized and smooth. Great team members that are exceptional at what they do. Super friendly yet probing with their questions to make sure that they as a team select the right candidates.

Interview Questions

• What attributes will you bring to our team to help us grow?   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises.

Interview

They brought me in for an editing test first, which was pretty standard, following Chicago and their style guide. Then they called me in for an interview. They were very nice and the questions weren't hard. It felt like they were trying to get a feel for my personality.

Interview Questions

• What's your least favorite thing about editing, and how do you get over that?   Answer Question

Junior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises (Orem, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Simple and straight forward process. Typical phone interview to see if you are friendly and can hold normal conversation. Then two rounds of interviews with team manager and database team members to assess knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand database normalization?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Got a call from their recruiter to set up a phone interview. I had missed the call so it went to voicemail. Called her back within an hour of receiving the call and have yet to get a call back. It's been several weeks

Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises.

Interview

First is a phone interview by an HR recruiter. It's easy-going conversation about your ambitions, interests and if you can hold a normal conversation. The first interview in person was simple and straightforward. You shadow a Researcher and get an opportunity to ask questions and get an idea of the daily workflow. The third interview involves a brief presentation on your analysis of some simple data. It's not a test really, they just want to see where your strengths lie and get a feel for your personality. It's a simple and easy process, just stay professional. Everyone was very friendly and open. I asked some questions in the interview and they answered all of them honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises (Orem, UT).

Interview

Was called by HR assistant and briefed on the position. Was then called by hiring team manager and he spoke for 30 minutes and wanted me to understand that this was not just a job for anyone and wanted to find a candidate that fit well with the culture. He made sure I wasn't viewing the job through rose colored glasses. A researcher deals with lots of rejection and often can spend the day just trying to get someone willing to make an appointment. Once that conversation was through, I had an interview appointment to come in the office. Prior to the interview, I was given an Excel file with collected data on 5 different vendors and had to create a Power Point presentation based on the analyzed data. I was told this would take roughly 2-6 hours to prepare. I had to present for 3 people: the hiring manager, an HR director, and the manager of R&D. The presentation had to be 10-15 minutes long with an additional 10 minutes of questions. Also, prior to the interview, there was a 45 minute observation time to shadow a researcher on the job.

There was also a 3rd party personality assessment to be done prior to the presentation interview.

At KLAS, they are concerned in hiring a culture fit as opposed to a skills fit. Skills can be taught but culture can't.

Interview Questions

• Why KLAS?
      How did you hear of us?
      Out of the vendors, who performed best in X area?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises (Orem, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Some from the company reached out to me through Linked In about the opportunity. Interview comprised of 1 in depth phone screening interview with HR and then 2 face to face interviews. Also included an online personality test as part of the initial assessment.

They are first and foremost concerned about finding strong culture fit. What they do is unique and they really want to find people who want to make a difference in Healthcare and who embody honesty, impartiality and integrity. Be prepared to be tested on this in various forms as it is very important to their company and business model.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you took a product from cradle to grave?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite websites and why do you like them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you do a good job of selling your skill set and fit with the company they are willing to negotiate within reason to get the right person. Made one counter offer which they accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises (Orem, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

3 step interview: 1) Phone interview, 2) In-person Interview, 3) Project-based interview that includes professional presentation. I also completed a thorough personality quiz. The in-person interview and project was with a panel that included the direct supervisor and HR. Questions were fair, but pointed. This company hires for cultural fit first, personality second, and skills last, so be prepared to justify how you as an individual fit within the culture and make sure to study the website and be knowledgable when you walk in.

Interview Questions

• Why KLAS? What is going to keep you here? How would you react if you were passed over for an in-house position change/promotion?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; the salary was clearly stated in the job posting.

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises.

Interview

Thorough interview process. They are not just looking for people to fill space, they want the right people here, not just people. They are selective, so get your resume and cover letter in order to get yourself noticed/

Strategic Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KLAS Enterprises (Orem, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

I was in internal candidate. Was given a first interview, and then a "project" to do to evaluate my analytical skills. This project was based of analysis the company had already done. Was told after the fact that I should have gone to the person who did the official company analysis and ask them more questions about the data. Apparently they wanted me to regurgitate their analysis to them rather than provide my own analysis.

Interview Questions

• How past research opportunities would prepare me for this role.   Answer Question