KPMG Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter within maybe less than a week of applying for the position online. After a very brief phone with the recruiter (asked about compensation, a little bit about resume) I received an invitation two days later to interview. Interviewed with coordinator, then quality control lead. Was later called back to interview with the manager. Looking for someone with good customer service skills. Note: Salary listed online is for the role of Senior Administrative Assistant and is higher for that for this Administrative Assistant.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions: Have you ever had to deal with bullying, Was there a time where you had to share best practices, Tell me a little bit about your current position, How do you handle multiple urgent tasks at the same time, have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer...expect a few technical questions about how to perform a task in Word or what to look for when formatting a document.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy going and flowed comfortable. There were two people who were in the room interviewing me and it was easy going. They asked the questions I answered as if it was conversation being had over dinner.

Interview Questions

• What had I been doing in my previous positions, skillset and how did I resolve conflicts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter calls you for a phone interview, if you do well you name is submitted for in-person interview with HR. Another recruiter calls to set up interview with HR person

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

First contacted by phone to review my resume, then one week later - contacted by internal recruiter who set up a series of 3 interviews with directors.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Standard interview questions and why you are the right canditate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process when smoothly. Actually, it was a pleasure interviewing with KPMG. The interview was almost an hour. The interviewer was very professional and had an upbeat personality. She was very thorough on what she expected and went into detail about the position. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• The questions on the interview were very standard. I did not find them to be difficult since I always prepare for an interview. Also, I make it a point to have a list of questions after the interview. There were no unexpected question that I was not prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was the same as most. I found out about the position through a recruiter my former manager worked with.

I initially met with the hiring manager at KPMG. She eventually became my performance manager and would be the person responsible for my raises and bonuses. However, I saw her about three times/year and never worked with her 1:1 once I was hired. I digress. After meeting the hiring manager, she set up interviews with the 3 Directors I would be supporting. After meeting with all three directors, the hiring manager decided to hire me on a temp-to-perm basis. Eventually, after 4 months of working with the directors, they hired me full time.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter via phone where I was given a (brief) on the spot phone screen interview. I was invited several days later to interview in the KPMG office with a panel of associates. 90% of the questions were behavioral and not very difficult if prepared. The questions are fairly generic and read from a pre-printed list, it is on the candidate to spin the questions into a point of conversation and generate questions of his/her own.

I was invited back to the office to meet with several managers/executives in a series of 1:1 interviews, a process that lasted a little over 2 hours. The second round of interviews included more technical questions but still a good deal of behavior questions. It seems as if KPMG is more concerned with the fit of a candidate, just something to keep in mind.

Both first and second round interviews were very conversational, not at all as stressful and conservative as I was expecting. The associates do their best to make you feel at ease.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an internal recruiter, my skill set applied however once we got to salary, it was far below what i was looking for. 2 days later I recieved an email from the recruiter asking me to reconsider and have an open mind, so I did. I interviewed with my direct report and then the next day the director of the department. They were both very nice, very interested in if I was going to "fit" in the department, they said its like a little family. The buildings are large but not so full of life at all, maybe alot of people on vacation or simply utilizing the flex/work from home time they allow. There were places to sit outside and they have bbq's on Thursday's during the summer. Overall experience was a positive one, I am getting an offer however have not seen it yet. Got an offer from another company (much smaller) so I have weigh the benefits (apparently they are very good) and very curious what the compensation offer will be.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your old company, what happened (why did you lose your job)   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Had a preliminary phone interview - pretty basic screening questions to determine if I am familiar with the programs, etc necessary for the role. Also asked about salary (current and expected).

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult superior and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

tarting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.