KPMG Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy going and flowed comfortable. There were two people who were in the room interviewing me and it was easy going. They asked the questions I answered as if it was conversation being had over dinner.

Interview Questions

• What had I been doing in my previous positions, skillset and how did I resolve conflicts.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter within maybe less than a week of applying for the position online. After a very brief phone with the recruiter (asked about compensation, a little bit about resume) I received an invitation two days later to interview. Interviewed with coordinator, then quality control lead. Was later called back to interview with the manager. Looking for someone with good customer service skills. Note: Salary listed online is for the role of Senior Administrative Assistant and is higher for that for this Administrative Assistant.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions: Have you ever had to deal with bullying, Was there a time where you had to share best practices, Tell me a little bit about your current position, How do you handle multiple urgent tasks at the same time, have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer...expect a few technical questions about how to perform a task in Word or what to look for when formatting a document.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Had phone interview then interview with HR then interview with partners .
    The questions were behavioral questions and lasted about 45mins to an hour.
    Imterviewers were very friendly which helped make the process easier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I received an email to schedule phone interview after I applied . Then I received a call from south Africa the screening went well next day got interview in person request at KPMG Ft Lauderdale office I had the interview however it was conducted via video conference the interviewer for the Dept, was not notified that I was scheduled to interview with her. I was told by the recruiting coordinator, couple days they would give me feedback from the interviewer of the Dept I was being considered for lastly, I waited a week 3 days, received a "thank you for your interest at KPMG" email no offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you had in the past and what Did you do to resolve it what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call two days later from the recruiter. We set up some time for 30 minutes to discuss my expectations, salary requirement and basic administrative questions. The call took more than 30 minutes and we continued to speak about my resume. The recruiter said she would pass my information along to the hiring manager. The hiring manager would decide if they would go forward with me.

I received an email a week later from another recruiter to setup time with the hiring manager. I received thorough instructions on parking, where to go and the name of the hiring manager. I arrived 15 minutes early and was greeted by the hiring manager on time. She asked a series of behavioral questions and job related ones. The interview process was easy.

I did not receive a call or a rejection email, which I found surprising for a fortune 100 company. Very unprofessional for a “prestigious” consulting firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake. Explain the incident.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2018.

Interview

Unorganized. I applied for one job, and talked with a recruiter based in South Africa and received an email a few days saying I was no longer being considered for the position. Another recruiter emailed me a couple weeks later to set up a time to discuss the other position I applied for. We talked for around half an hour about my resume/job history and the position. She set up an in-person interview the next day with the office manager at the location I applied to. When I arrived at the interview the next day, the office manager was running late. The interview took an hour, and consisted of behavioral based questions. When I was talking with the office supervisor, she mentioned that she knew that I had applied for 2 positions and asked which I preferred. Turns out the rejection email for the first position was sent out by accident, and I was still under consideration for both (which she also would have been the manager for). Never heard anything from them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 tasks to complete a PowerPoint presentation: proofread, make edits to the content and format. You don’t have time to complete all 3. How would you prioritize?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

First contacted by phone to review my resume, then one week later - contacted by internal recruiter who set up a series of 3 interviews with directors.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Standard interview questions and why you are the right canditate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process when smoothly. Actually, it was a pleasure interviewing with KPMG. The interview was almost an hour. The interviewer was very professional and had an upbeat personality. She was very thorough on what she expected and went into detail about the position. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• The questions on the interview were very standard. I did not find them to be difficult since I always prepare for an interview. Also, I make it a point to have a list of questions after the interview. There were no unexpected question that I was not prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter calls you for a phone interview, if you do well you name is submitted for in-person interview with HR. Another recruiter calls to set up interview with HR person

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter via phone where I was given a (brief) on the spot phone screen interview. I was invited several days later to interview in the KPMG office with a panel of associates. 90% of the questions were behavioral and not very difficult if prepared. The questions are fairly generic and read from a pre-printed list, it is on the candidate to spin the questions into a point of conversation and generate questions of his/her own.

I was invited back to the office to meet with several managers/executives in a series of 1:1 interviews, a process that lasted a little over 2 hours. The second round of interviews included more technical questions but still a good deal of behavior questions. It seems as if KPMG is more concerned with the fit of a candidate, just something to keep in mind.

Both first and second round interviews were very conversational, not at all as stressful and conservative as I was expecting. The associates do their best to make you feel at ease.