KPMG Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.8

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

2 behavioral interviews on campus. Very laid back. Went through resume. Talked about previous experiences and education. Important to show them why you would be good fit on their team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview process began 10/10/16 and I received my offer 2/10/17. Overall my recruiter was great, she was very transparent and answered all of my questions. During my three phone interviews every single person was level headed and extremely easy to talk too. I was flown out to St. Louis to have a F2F with a Partner that I had previously interviewed with over the phone. At this stage it was more of a formality and the visit shifted into a "what do you want to know about KPMG (salary, benefits, etc.)?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Describe previous work you have accomplished?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked with Tableau, Power BI or Oracle Applications?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Check the market. Talk to your recruiter about the range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school and i was told it was going to be a 2 week process, that ended up being 6 weeks. I had 2 on campus interviews, very basic behavioral questions were asked. i was told i would get a call with an offer after these two interviews were over. 4 weeks later I got a call that they wanted me to come into the office for a super day. The recruiter had said nothing about a super day.

Interview Questions

• what was your least favorite job on your resume and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied using campus recruiting and was contacted shortly after. Following a conversation about my experiences and resume, I was selected for a phone screen with a manager. The conversation was again mostly behavioral and a lot of information about the advisory practice was communicated. About a week later I was selected for an office visit, interviewed with three different members of the advisory practice, was given an office tour and had lunch with two associates. The process was very efficient and I was very impressed by the professionalism of everyone I interacted with throughout the process.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in March 2016.

Interview

The first round was held on campus. It was preceded by a social event the night before where I was able to interact with current employees from various practices. The first round interview it's self was one-on-one with a manager in the practice. Straightforward, behavioral style questions. I received a call from HR about a week and half later inviting me to the office for the final round. The day started out with several employees taking myself and other applicants to lunch. I then interviewed with two manager level employees. The first was a mixture of behavioral and technical style questions while the second was laid back, my interviewer did most of the talking and seemed to be selling me on the practice. I left feeling very confident but received an e-mail a week later notifying me I would not be getting an offer. I later found out they had decided not to hire any full-time candidates. This was disappointing as I would have pursued a different practice that was more in need.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multiple responsibilities at one time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process was 2 interviews. First interview was one on one with a manager. Second interview was a super day at their campus, an all day interview. Then a few days later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a family friend. It was for a position in the technology enablement group. I interviewed with 4 different directors in one day and it was a very positive experience. They explained the position in detail and answered all of my questions. They asked a few technical and behavioral questions, but it was mostly conversational. My interviewers said they would get back to me in 2 weeks, but I ended up getting the offer after 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tech, classes I was taking, why advisory, etc   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Had a phone screen interview with someone in another country for a job in the us. She wouldn't tell me what job I was being considered for nor what the next step was.

Interview Questions

• What do want to do with your career? What are you paid in your current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a quick and painless process, the second round interview is pretty smooth and you get to meet senior managements. The questions are relatively easy, I didnt get many technical questions, just mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have to make a tough decisions.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting website. It was great meeting the kpmg people at pre-interview night. Interview was laid-back behavioral conversation. Nice people and painless interview process. Did not hear back for a few weeks though.