KPMG Advisory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Advisory Manager Interview Questions

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter interview followed by personnel interview, both by telephone followed by two in person.
Relatively friendly but intense with a few moments of terror interspersed with relief.
It wasn't the hardest to deal with but was not the easiest either.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Four phone calls and one in-person at the local office. All experience-based. All interviews were with partners and everyone was wonderful to talk to on the whole. I declined because the process took too long and I got another offer in the interim for a job I had wanted for over a year. KPMG gave a very good offer I was sad to decline. I will say that the recruiter was very flaky and hard to get a hold of. I didn't have problems like that with other firms I interviewed. An entire month could have gotten cut out of the process if the recruiter had been more responsive and I might have chosen them in the end. Timing is everything in recruiting!

Interview Questions

• All experience-based and no shockers. "Tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Manager, Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in February 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview. The recruiter was in South Africa and had a local accent. She didn't seem very responsive to my answers and she told me that they will contact me if I advance in the process. They said I should expect at least 2 more interviews before being provided an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an executive summary of your career?
      Tell me about your experience from the oldest to the newest?
      What is your work authorization in the US?
      Are you willing to travel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

This process has been amazing. Though it was long a thorough, I feel that both the internal recruiters and the partners I interviewed with had the insight to understand my particular skills and background. It feels so good to be understood for what I can uniquely offer. I can't wait to get started here. With every corner I have turned, I have been more impressed with this company.

Interview Questions

• Most questions centered around how my experience would help KPMG clients. They wanted a deep understanding of both my technical skills and business/use case perspectives. This is exactly what I would do if I were hiring someone. It pushed me but was a fair and realistic process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews. First one was with a recruiter over the phone. The next one was with a director and was also on the phone. The final was an in person interview with a partner. Every one I spoke with was very casual, we just had good discussions with no difficult questions at all.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in July 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview with external recruiter.
    2. Phone interview with internal screener.
    3. Phone interview with director.
    4. Phone interview with managing director.
    5. Phone interview with partner.
    6. In-person interview with partner.
    7. In-person interview with director.
    8. In-person interview with director.
    9. Phone interview with partner.

Whew!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They started with a low-ball offer, but I got them up almost 10%.

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2014.

Interview

Very fast. If the key person likes you, you will move through very quickly. The key person is usually a partners right hand, and would recommend hiring. Then you meet the partner.

Interview Questions

• Whats your experience in consulting   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring/ interview process was pretty typical of a Big 4/ consulting environment; initial phone screening by a recruiter, phone call interviews (mostly behavioral and fit based) with Sr. Manager/ Director. Followed by in-person interview at local KPMG office with Director/ Partner.

The one thing I will say about the process is that the scheduling was VERY unorganized and the phone calls somewhat disinterested. Prior to scheduling an interview the recruiter/ or assistant would reach out and ask for availability for the following week, after providing it, I got no response. After the week was up I issued a follow up email and was again asked to provide availability for the NEXT week, no apology or justification for delay in response. I would be contacted 24-48 hours prior to the scheduled interview via email confirmation, no phone call/ or email to confirm my availability.

Finally, after going through this disorganized practice and poor applicant experience (5 weeks in), I simply informed them I had accepted another offer and declined the final interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviewed about 8 times over several months, it was a drawn out process with few updates in between interviews. There is not much flexibility in the negotiation process. Is is standard vacation and benefits based on the level you are hired at. Stay on top of your recruiters they will go a long time before contacting you with updates.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were a discussion not question and answer   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviews was done in person and over a call. Had a call with a director and also a partner. Interview questions were standard, asked to describe career highlights and challenges