KPMG Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Interview lasted for about 15 minutes. The interview was interactive and the questions asked were average. The whole process took months though the HR was on hand to inform one of the next steps in the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was standard for a company of this rank, be prepared & confident to relate your qualifications and qualities. Make sure to be clear and concise with a sense of personality and positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Phone pop, Formal Interview, Resume Review, Case Study Questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I was internally referred by a partner in another practice. My interview consisted of 1 screening interview, 1 phone interview with a director, and then 2 face-to-face interviews on the same day with a director and the practice partner. The screening interview is just the typical sanity check to make sure that you did go to college and graduated and that everything on your resume is true as written.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled twice because the director who was supposed to interview me (who is also the project director for the engagement I ended up being hired for) kept forgetting. Instead, I had a phone interview with the director over the practice to which I was hired. The interview started off talking about NFL football, then about college football, and then regarding the potential engagement to which I would be hired. There was absolutely no assessment of my skills, knowledge, or motivation.

The face-to-face interviews were with a director and a partner. The director interview consisted of him talking about football as well. However, the topic quickly changed to him assessing my knowledge of the industry, knowledge regarding federal regulations affecting the industry and how private firms should address the changes. The interview with the partner was not actually face-to-face. I called the partner from his KPMG office to his cell upon which he asked if I knew what the position entailed and how much I was expecting in salary.

I was offered the position the very next day. Needless to say, I over prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the firm given your unique background?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer, I asked my recruiting contact if there was "anything left on the table" to voer my student loans and the relocation to another city. The offer came back $5k more.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Campus recruiting presence was strong. They offered lots of events outside of the career fair.
    One on-campus case interview, followed by multiple behavioral interviews on-site. Interview process depends on the hiring managing director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved conflicts within a group to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy it was a phone interview. They basically ask you about your resume and then how flexible you are with salary and availability. The person was very kind and seemed very interested in me. Just be yourself and know your resume to answer responses quick and sweet.

Analyst Interview

Interview

GD followed by an interview. Basic Questions about team management skills, questions about estimation. Eg: Number of ties being worn at that moment in the entire world. They focus a lot on extra-curricular activities. Be prepared for a quick summary of what you've done other than in class.

Interview Questions

• As usual, the tough one - Weakness! Be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Had to go through HR and got phone screen and later had a face to face meeting with senior MGMT. Lots of behavioral related question on how would you behave in some cases and what would be your interaction with others.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2013.

Interview

Easy. It was a contractual job, so the process was easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you do not like the job after joining?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a fixed salary.No .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

There was a great deal of anticipation building between my first and second interviews. The first interview was rather laid back and more of a behavioral type of interview, while the second on site interview consisted of a case study and more technical accounting questions. I wasn't expecting this, but was able to handle it well enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a Balance Sheet ties in with an Income Statement   Answer Question

Poor Salary

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

The interview lasted around 1 hour. There were 2 interviewers and the manager conducted the interview. They asked me about my previous experience and just a few behavior questions. It was an interview with an average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Name and describe your biggest profissional achievement.   Answer Question