KPMG Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I was internally referred by a partner in another practice. My interview consisted of 1 screening interview, 1 phone interview with a director, and then 2 face-to-face interviews on the same day with a director and the practice partner. The screening interview is just the typical sanity check to make sure that you did go to college and graduated and that everything on your resume is true as written.

The phone interview had to be rescheduled twice because the director who was supposed to interview me (who is also the project director for the engagement I ended up being hired for) kept forgetting. Instead, I had a phone interview with the director over the practice to which I was hired. The interview started off talking about NFL football, then about college football, and then regarding the potential engagement to which I would be hired. There was absolutely no assessment of my skills, knowledge, or motivation.

The face-to-face interviews were with a director and a partner. The director interview consisted of him talking about football as well. However, the topic quickly changed to him assessing my knowledge of the industry, knowledge regarding federal regulations affecting the industry and how private firms should address the changes. The interview with the partner was not actually face-to-face. I called the partner from his KPMG office to his cell upon which he asked if I knew what the position entailed and how much I was expecting in salary.

I was offered the position the very next day. Needless to say, I over prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the firm given your unique background?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer, I asked my recruiting contact if there was "anything left on the table" to voer my student loans and the relocation to another city. The offer came back $5k more.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Campus recruiting presence was strong. They offered lots of events outside of the career fair.
    One on-campus case interview, followed by multiple behavioral interviews on-site. Interview process depends on the hiring managing director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved conflicts within a group to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy it was a phone interview. They basically ask you about your resume and then how flexible you are with salary and availability. The person was very kind and seemed very interested in me. Just be yourself and know your resume to answer responses quick and sweet.

Analyst Interview

Interview

GD followed by an interview. Basic Questions about team management skills, questions about estimation. Eg: Number of ties being worn at that moment in the entire world. They focus a lot on extra-curricular activities. Be prepared for a quick summary of what you've done other than in class.

Interview Questions

• As usual, the tough one - Weakness! Be prepared for this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Had to go through HR and got phone screen and later had a face to face meeting with senior MGMT. Lots of behavioral related question on how would you behave in some cases and what would be your interaction with others.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2013.

Interview

Easy. It was a contractual job, so the process was easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you do not like the job after joining?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a fixed salary.No .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

There was a great deal of anticipation building between my first and second interviews. The first interview was rather laid back and more of a behavioral type of interview, while the second on site interview consisted of a case study and more technical accounting questions. I wasn't expecting this, but was able to handle it well enough.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a Balance Sheet ties in with an Income Statement   Answer Question

Poor Salary

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Presentation was conducted which mentioned more about the company after which there was a Group Discussion Round. Once qualified from the Group Discussion two rounds of interviews take place. One round with a technical employee from the company. If qualified the next interview is with a partner of the firm.

Interview Questions

• What is a threat, risk, vulnerability?
      OSI layer
      Basic HR questions
      CV based questions
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Three round interview process including group discussion , written test which was based on accountancy questions and personal interview.
    One should be do ACCA in order to keep this job and have growth in the company for this specific job profile.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of accounting   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 interviewers (1 HR, 1 team member and 1 Partner)
    The whole process lasted around 1 hour and 15 mins
    Introduction of the interviewers (what they have done in the past and what they are responsible now)
    Self-introduction
    Technical questions (main part)
    Salary expectation
    Possible starting date
    It took around 1 week to know the results.