KPMG Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Initial was a telephonic screening followed by face to face interaction with 2 of the HR people, discussion was very good and interactive. Then the senior manager took the second round. Team was very hospitile and friendly. The infrastructure was very good. I really liked the cabin for the interview as it was more of casual approach similar to a coffee nest with pleasant lighting rather than the retro glass door kind of cabin.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Campus Placement: Test, GD, Interview, Director Interview

Little elimination in the first 2 steps

The interview was more technical than HR.
    They asked questions about Accounts, Financial Statements, Valuation, Mergers and Acquisition, IPOs, general awareness, etc, and preferred detailed and descriptive answers
    HR: questions about family background, willingness to relocate, passion, etc

Friendly Interview

Interview Questions

• Estimate the Working capital of an Ice Cream vendor in New Delhi   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Pune (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

worst interview ever which lasted couple of minutes,tell me abut urself and we will let u know.first they keep u waiting for 4 hrs for no damn reason after which interviewer doesnt look interested in you and wants to wrap as soon as possible.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2014.

Interview

Campus Interview at College for B.Com and Economics students. Profile Analyst at Advisory( Risk Consulting) as part of Governance, Risk and Compliance services.
    Placement process involved a GD and an interview. GD questions were an economics case study problem and a general topic, such as the discussion of a controversial advertisement on television or more general topics such as' what is the problem with the youth in India?'
    Interview covered a wide range of topics. Initially taken by people from HR. Questions asked were from Economics, about the company, general knowledge and more personal questions about one's resume and experience. The technical part of the interview was taken by a Senior who asked various Guesstimate questions.

Interview Questions

• There is a pen company in the outskirts of Delhi. It is a startup. How many pens should it produce intiially?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers + completed a written task that tested basic emailing skills. Heavily behavioural-based interview, based on prior occupational personality questionnaire. More emphasis on this than 'why do you want to work here', however be prepared to answer this and understand the specifics of the business area that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we do in this line of business? give specifics.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was very smooth and very systematic. They give you a candidate form to fill out. It asks the basic details and educational background, also what you aspire to do, career goals and aims. The interviewers were very friendly and accommodating, making it easier to have a conversation. All in all a great experience. An email confirmation is sent to you to giving details of the job description, the time and venue details and also what to wear and how to be prepared for the round. The best thing is the honest and down to earth attitude of the interviewers who look at the candidate as a human instead of a weak person to toy with.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked a couple of questions about resume, activities, future plans (whether MBA was in the cards?), why you think you're good for this job.
    Then there was a round where they basically threw current business-related questions at you, like which British company was recently bought by Tata (Jaguar Motors); which firm is called "Big Blue" and many more such questions about companies. These questions were like a not-so-perfect litmus test to measure the candidate's knowledge and interest in current business scenarios, since the job involved working with clients as a management consultant.

Interview Questions

• What firm is nicknamed "Big Blue"? Which firm bought a large medical-supplies firm this year in India?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. On-campus college placement.

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at KPMG in June 2014.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. All of them went smooth and they asked me most of questions based on my CV. Waiting for the final answer. Mostly related to strategy and operations.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in April 2013.

Interview

Four Stage Stage Process

1 Aptitude Test
    2 Senior Associate Interview
    3 Manager Interview
    4 Partner Interview

Interview Questions

• Senior Associate Interview Question
      1. Tell me about a time you had to network with people to get things done?
      2. Why do you want to work in FRM?
      3. What do you understand by Operational, Credit and Market Risk?
      4. Tell me about a time when you worked in a group and the person was a very difficult person?
      5. When have you had to come up with an innovative idea and how did it benefit others?
      6. Tell me about a time when you had to make a presentation and what was your best presentation?
      7. Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to change in business environment?
      8. Tell me about a time when you had to go and understand a person’s interests?
      9. What personal development goals have you set in the past few years?
      10. Tell me about a time when you had to go an extra mile for your employer?
      11. Any questions for me:
      i.) What is it like working with KPMG?
      ii.) Competition from PWC and others are we safe?   Answer Question
    • Manager Interview
      1. Why risk consulting and nor corporate finance and investment banking?
      2. Although it’s a while ago, you got an F in Quantitative Techniques why? FRM involves a lot of Quants?
      3. Tell me about a time when you had to come up with an innovative idea?
      4. How good is your Excel VBA?
      5. Tell me about yourself?
      6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      7. Why did you do your MSc in Investment and Finance and not Risk?
      8. I can’t see your MSc Certificate attached here?
      9. Have you any Questions for me:
      i.) What is it like working in KPMG?   Answer Question
    • Partner Interview
      1. Where do you work and what do you do?
      2. Why are you leaving there?
      Two small paper questions:
      I. A fair value of the ticket is $1. There are a million tickets and there are payoffs of $1million. If the price of the strike of the call option is $5. What is the price of the option?
      II. If there are 2 A2 engines one had a 1/1000000 chance of failure and both engines are independent of each other, what is the probability that the plane would crash?
      3. Do you play sports?
      4. Do you play music, did you train, how long and why did you stop?
      5. Do you know about credit, market, operational and liquidity risk?
      6. Discuss a topic about derivatives?
      7. How do you price a derivative?
      8. Tell me about your numerical skills?
      9. What is your best achievement in life and why?
      10. What do you know about FRM?
      11. Did you do any CSR Project? What was your target and how did you meet it?
      12. Can you do VBA Macro’s? What can you do?
      13. Can you do coding?
      14. What subjects did you study for your MSc and what did you do?
      15. What subjects did you study for your third year and what did you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Mumbai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

Campus recruitment - First Resume shortlist, then a group discussion and finally two rounds of interview - one HR and one Case Study - Case Study Topic was based on the things in the resume. HR round started with the standard tell me about yourself question after which it was like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions

• They asked what kind of people I don't get along with and after that what I would do if I had such a person in the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed in our campus recruitment process