KPMG Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

3.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Written test first, and there was interview round with manager and then the partner. The last session was to meet the team. Very friendly. Offer received in about two weeks,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Two stage interview process, first with HR and second with managerial team. Case study requested in between the two interviews, involving SWOT analysis of local company, forming the basis for the second interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2017.

Interview

I started off with a prescreening with HR, then had two telephone interviews with members of the group I was to join. The prescreening was basically about my interests, why I want to join the firm, salary expectations e.t.c. Then i was connected with the first interviewer about a week later. The second interview followed about a week and a half later.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Stage 1: Online Application Form

The application form is your chance to tell us about your academic background and any work experience. It should take about 20 minutes to complete.

Stage 2: Situational Judgement Test

After you’ve submitted your application form, you’ll receive a link to a Situational Judgement Test (SJT) within one working day. The SJT presents you with hypothetical, challenging situations that you could encounter at work as a trainee with KPMG. In response to each situation, you have a choice of possible actions you can take to deal with it. The SJT takes around 30 minutes to complete. You will need to complete it within 7 days – please do not apply until you have sufficient time to take the tests within the specified time limit.

Stage 3: Online Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Tests

If you’re successful in your SJT, you’ll be asked to sit the online verbal reasoning test and the numerical reasoning test. Each test will take around 20 minutes, so make sure you have enough time before you begin. You will need to complete them within 7 days – please do not apply until you have sufficient time to take the tests within the specified time limit. Designed especially for KPMG, they’re not only used to see how good you are at reading and maths. They look at your ability to analyse numerical and verbal data – skills that you’ll need on the job.

Stage 4: First Round Interview

If you’re successful in the reasoning tests, you’ll be invited to join a telephone interview that should last around 45 minutes. We will try to ensure the interview is with someone from the business area you’ve applied to and it will focus on your behavioural capabilities through KPMG’s competency and scenario based questions.

Stage 5: Immersive Assessment Centre

On the Assessment Day we’ll provide background information about a fictional organisation based on KPMG. All activities during the day will be based on the fictional organisation for you to experience a ‘day in the life’ of a KPMG trainee:
    ■The Virtual Office Exercise is laptop-based. Simulating day-to-day situations, you’ll be given messages (for example, emails, voicemails) and expected to prioritise and deal with various tasks within a time limit.
    ■The Analysis Exercise is also laptop-based and lasts around an hour. We’ll ask you to review complex information and present your recommendations in written form.
    ■Lunch is your chance to relax, meet some of our trainees and hear their views about life at KPMG.
    ■Two Simulated Meetings assess how you’d handle a client and an internal meeting. This exercise is designed to give you a real insight into the types of meetings you could find yourself in at KPMG.

Succeed on the assessment day and you’ll be invited back to the office you’ve applied for to meet a Partner or Director from your chosen area.

Stage 6: Final Interview

This will be more in-depth than the first round interview. If you’ve applied for our Advisory or Central Services, Sales and Marketing business areas, we will also ask you to prepare a presentation.

If you are unsuccessful you will be informed and we will follow up with an email to confirm the decision and offer the option to request feedback.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was clear and straight forward with needed number of rounds and questions were apt to the profile and fits at right line. It was really a great experience with their strategic approach in organizing the interview with clear round of filtering and constant communications keeping me updated.

Interview Questions

• If you are temporarily replaced for your partner for a week - what will you do?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online, requested for initial interview, then a second interview, then I got the offer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Two interviews - both with directors at the office I was applying to

Negotiation

Not much really, offer made, little room for negotiation

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

You have to apply on KPMG india website and your CV will be reviewd and find suitable enough then the HR will call you for 1st round of face to face interview. If you will clear that technical round with Manager / Sr. manager and finally with Partner round.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview was based on practical aspects, realistic approach. total 3 rounds of interview were conducted, one by HR, one reporting manager and one hod.

Negotiation

could not negotiate, the process is very stringent, take it or move attitude.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2007.

Interview

1:1 interview with partner and another Assistant Manager which took half a day in total (for a position in the Commercial Due Diligence Practice). First, the different career stages and educational background mentioned in the resume were part of the discussion. The rationale was to learn more about me and my motivation to shift to KPMG and relocate to another country in my case. After that was a larger Due Diligence case where I was given three huge folders with material on the case (company to be sold, market environment, product information and market interview transcripts). I had about one hour to scan through the material. After that, an initial interview with the client was staged so that the partner could see how I interact with clients and what questions I would ask. After that I was given another 90mins to develop my thoughts on what the market perspectives were and how the to-be-sold company was positioned in the market and if it was recommendable for an interested party to acquire the firm. The final presentation I had to give took about 30mins where the partner and the Assistant Manger asked questions about the company's product, the market place and how I would analyze and judge the future performance of the firm (i.e. questions on revenues, projecting revenues, market shares, 5-Forces).

Interview Questions

• Could you describe which products the company is producing and how they compare to the ones of competitors?   Answer Question
    • What questions would you ask the management of the firm and later in market interviews and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the company's performance in the next 3-5 years based on the material that you were given (market interviews, product descriptions, competitor analysis, market growth rates and market shares)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate relocation package. Salary is mostly pre-defined, as in you will earn X amount of money within your position which may be plus/minus 5k max in the lower levels.