KPMG Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1. screener with hr team member from South Africa 2. hiring manager phone call 3. phone call with director of department. No opportunity to interview in person.
Everyone I spoke to was fairly unfriendly and not conversational by any means. It was a bit uncomfortable at times as the interviewers seemed unprepared and not interested in learning anything about me outside of what was already on my resume. One hiring manager was yawning quite continuously, another did not have questions ready nor responded to anything I said so there were long pauses. I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview, felt I was on my game and very qualified for the role so it was a disappointing process. Waited about a month to hear back and was only given feedback that they were not continuing with me once I had reached out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was a past summer intern, and got referred for an associate position through a recruiter. The entire interview process happened fairly fast, I was scheduled for a first round interview around 5-6 days after applying and was asked to come in for an office interview about 10 days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in a classroom or workforce experience and how did you learn from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very competitive offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in-person interview where I met with 3 interviewers back-to-back. The entire process still managed to span three months, where I eventually learned that I was the top candidate but that they decided to hire from within. They said if there were two positions, I would have the other....to reach out to the recruiter should I find another position of interest.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, can't recall specific.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Well organized, prompt in replying to questions abiut interview results. The HRs were personable and easily approachable. There were 2 rounds of interview - campus interview and office interview. Office interview was done by partners and MDs. There was lunch with some of my practice people.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a telephone screen and information call before they get back to you. If they like you, they will set up a telephone interview which contains a case. Thy then evaluate and set up a time for you to come into the office and do two in-person interviews, one with a case and another behavioral. They then evaluate and extend offers. Overall, a very pleasing and efficient experience.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Sr Manager/Director
    3. Additional Phone Interviews
    4. In-person Interview with Director-Level of practice (they typically fly you somewhere)
    5. Additional phone/in person meetings (as needed)
    6. Offer from recruiter

...my process went quickly, but I've known for it to be a lot slower

Interview Questions

• They asked me about trends I know in the marketplace and how I saw those as being good options for the client - do your homework!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

Met the HR recruiting team at the campus career fair and was called back for a second round of interviews on campus. The second of round of interviews consists of talking to HR and a manger from your prospective group. The third round of interviews is on site at the KPMG office and is a formality - don't screw up and you have a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed