KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

In-person interview went great, however, the recruiter brought me in for a position that required experience that I did not have. Prior to the interview, I asked whether or not the lack of experience would be an issue, and I was told it would not. I was supposed to meet with 4 people, and wound up meeting with 1 and another was on the phone. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

An email was sent to confirm the on-campus interview.
    After selecting a date, a notice for pre-interview dinner event came up.
    Many interviewers and greeters did show up but my interviewer did not.
    Next day, an on-campus interview was held.
    The interviewer was a Director. He just went through my resume from top to the bottom and asked very general behavioral interview questions.
    Questions on my major and industry, and added his explanation about the industry as I hesitated a little.
    After a week, an email was sent that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about technology? (was quite vague)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

First, talked to a recruiter. Then, sent an application. Next, had a phone interview with a principal in the practice I was interviewing for. Finally, they flew me out to Atlanta for a 2 day interview process. The first day was an informal meet and greet, followed by a dinner with employees. Next day was a morning seminar, ending with 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will your degree from college help you in our practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail after online app. Was invited to office and interviewed with directors.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Noida (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

interview was conducted after so much of follow up and it was not upto the mark HR was so lazy to provide update , cleared all the rounds but denied to give any offer in terms of compensation

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2017.

Interview

I got shortlisted through internal reference. There was telephonic interview in which general HR questions are asked and then hiring at office. Hiring Include written test,group discussion and Personal Interview.

Interview Questions

• personal interview is scheduled after group discussion .i got eliminated in group discussion.although Great experience and good HR and hiring manager.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was a 2 tier process. manager round and partner round. Manager round was good. Partner round experience was awful. He was least interested in taking the interview and seemed like he had made up his mind already not to select. He finished the interview in just 7.50 mins and asked only 2 technical questions. I don't understand what was the point of wasting his and my time if had already pre decided the things ! Candidates should be given a fair chance i believe.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

First there was a case study about payment banking. We had to give an industry overview , trends and outlook and potential buyers of a firm in that industry.

There were 2 interviews followed by case study.

Interview Questions

• I was a CFA level 2. They asked questions about EV, links b/w financial statements.. Etc   Answer Question
    • This one i got wrong. What do you do of non operating asset in valuation.   Answer Question
    • Impact of Share repurchase?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The HR was a wonderful guy, very warm & polite.
    I gave two technical rounds both of which I cleared quite well. However, they took an additional technical round & I found the interviewer to be judgemental for no apparent reason & a bit shallow.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an campus recruitment process.Initially there was resume shortlisting in which mostly finance majors were shortlisted. second round was group discussion round . Third round was a technical interview which was mainly based on valuations and corporate finance. fourth round was an HR round followed by another hr round and then the final results were declared.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions on relative valuation were asked very frequently   Answer Question