KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

HR round and technical round.
most of the question were about my past experience. they also check whether you are a team player or not.
the partner round is more about how you can handle pressure.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Ranchi (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

There was two rounds of interview, the first one being technical taken by a panel of HR representatives and the second one was an HR interview taken by a partner of the firm. Both interviews were positive. In the technical round all questions were asked from the resume itself. Projects were asked to explain in the simplest language so that a kid could understand. Some other technical questions and puzzles were asked too. In the HR round, a few general questions were asked, some practical application of my engineering knowledge etc.

Interview Questions

• You have studied HC Verma for your AIEEE exam. So please explain to me the SI unit of surface tension. If possible olease derive it.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

There are 2 rounds of Interview.
    1. Telephonic
    2. Face to face
    The interview lasts 40 to 50 minutes where all aspects of the employee are put to test.

the panel consists of 2 to 3 people.
    Questions are extremely technical and in depth study is required .

Your CV is put to complete scrutiny and all aspects of your knowledge are tested

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale of 10 and justify your rating   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was an campus recruitment process.Initially there was resume shortlisting in which mostly finance majors were shortlisted. second round was group discussion round . Third round was a technical interview which was mainly based on valuations and corporate finance. fourth round was an HR round followed by another hr round and then the final results were declared.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions on relative valuation were asked very frequently   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at KPMG in September 2012.

Interview

Starts with providing a solution for a real business scenario. Presentation skills, verbal ability and thought process are analyzed here. Next is excel exercise. 10 excel tasks to be completed in one hour. At least 8 to be correct. Not a cakewalk. Next HR interview. Just chilled. Next interview with a member from future team. Puzzles solving and analytical thinking related discussion. Next interview with manager. More on the subject. Next with partner. Woof-- sweating interview for 1 hour. Got screwed like anything. Stress handling and fitment into team are analyzed here.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Mumbai (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

Multiple levels of interview. Predominantly case interviews in one-on-one as well as panel format. Case problem provided. Problem structuring, detailed analysis and strong conclusions expected. Some degree of guidance provided. Articulation key to success. Some degree of sector knowledge expected but not key. Core consulting skills are the focus of the evaluation exercise.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a leading retailer improve profitability?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

My interview process was split up into 2 days - group work and skills test on one day, and the partner presentation the following day. Group interview was not too difficult, we had to analyse the case and provide our solution. Basically, the company wanted to see that we can work in group, how we organise the discussion etc.. Skills test was on the computer - and given a limited time to complete the task I felt under a lot of time pressure. Partner interview felt relatively comfortable, the partner was quite laid-back and friendly. I got a rejection in the end - and according to the feedback I haven't performed well on the computer-based test.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was a 2 tier process. manager round and partner round. Manager round was good. Partner round experience was awful. He was least interested in taking the interview and seemed like he had made up his mind already not to select. He finished the interview in just 7.50 mins and asked only 2 technical questions. I don't understand what was the point of wasting his and my time if had already pre decided the things ! Candidates should be given a fair chance i believe.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Zuerst gab es ein Kennenlernen beider Seiten. Anschließend wurden Fragen zum Lebenslauf gestellt. Man musste Begründungen geben für Entscheidungen, die man getroffen hat. Es wurden fragen zur Entscheidung für die ausgeschriebene Stelle gestellt. Warum hat man sich für die KPMG entschieden. Motivation für den Arbeitsbereich. Fachspezifische Fragen. Sehr freundliche Atmosphäre.

Interview Questions

• Erzählen Sie mir von einem Misserfolg in Ihrem Leben.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview (1st round - excel test based on a case study, 2nd round - face to face interview with the team manager, 3rd round - interview with partner) . The entire process took 1 week followed by the negotiation period which did not help much.

Interview Questions

• Q1 - Why do you want to join KPMG?
      Q2. - Goals
      Q3 - An example of transaction and was asked to prepare financial statements on that transaction.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard scale for every designation. So negotiation phase was not really productive.