KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

3.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

An email was sent to confirm the on-campus interview.
After selecting a date, a notice for pre-interview dinner event came up.
Many interviewers and greeters did show up but my interviewer did not.
Next day, an on-campus interview was held.
The interviewer was a Director. He just went through my resume from top to the bottom and asked very general behavioral interview questions.
Questions on my major and industry, and added his explanation about the industry as I hesitated a little.
After a week, an email was sent that I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion about technology? (was quite vague)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

In-person interview went great, however, the recruiter brought me in for a position that required experience that I did not have. Prior to the interview, I asked whether or not the lack of experience would be an issue, and I was told it would not. I was supposed to meet with 4 people, and wound up meeting with 1 and another was on the phone. Total waste of time.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The HR was a wonderful guy, very warm & polite.
    I gave two technical rounds both of which I cleared quite well. However, they took an additional technical round & I found the interviewer to be judgemental for no apparent reason & a bit shallow.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

only one round of interview. Took almost 15 days to final the result. Got selected but the Reporting manager was not that great. Left after 3 days. Even after submitting my resignation, I tried to get back. But the reporting manager was so angry over me leaving the organisation that he didn't allow me take back my resignation. It was difficult to get in the company. But it was even more difficult to get out of the company. It took me 3 weeks to completely get the resignation process completed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your current job?   2 Answers
    • What is your current experience of the AUDIT profile   2 Answers

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

Es gab zwei Interviewer - Senior Manager und Director. Wir haben uns hauptsächlich über Lebenslauf bzw. Werdegang diskutiert. Es war sehr detailliert, auf Motivation fokussiert. Dazwischen einige fachlichen Fragen zu Accounting, obwohl ich wenig relevanten Hintergrund dazu hab. Aber insgesamt war ein sehr angenehmes und faires Gespräch. Hab an den nächsten Tagen eine Zusage bekommen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail after online app. Was invited to office and interviewed with directors.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of Interview. They check lot of ppt and Excel skills. Other things like structured thinking and communication skills are also checked.

Interview Questions

• You are the sports minister. How will you make sure that Basketball takes off in India just like cricket?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2012.

Interview

telephonic interview 2 rounds followed by one face to face/VC interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much open to negotiation.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

HR round;
    Technical Round;
    case study

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

First, talked to a recruiter. Then, sent an application. Next, had a phone interview with a principal in the practice I was interviewing for. Finally, they flew me out to Atlanta for a 2 day interview process. The first day was an informal meet and greet, followed by a dinner with employees. Next day was a morning seminar, ending with 3 one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How will your degree from college help you in our practice?   Answer Question