KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

only one round of interview. Took almost 15 days to final the result. Got selected but the Reporting manager was not that great. Left after 3 days. Even after submitting my resignation, I tried to get back. But the reporting manager was so angry over me leaving the organisation that he didn't allow me take back my resignation. It was difficult to get in the company. But it was even more difficult to get out of the company. It took me 3 weeks to completely get the resignation process completed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your current job?   2 Answers
  • What is your current experience of the AUDIT profile   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was a 2 tier process. manager round and partner round. Manager round was good. Partner round experience was awful. He was least interested in taking the interview and seemed like he had made up his mind already not to select. He finished the interview in just 7.50 mins and asked only 2 technical questions. I don't understand what was the point of wasting his and my time if had already pre decided the things ! Candidates should be given a fair chance i believe.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite AS?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Zuerst gab es ein Kennenlernen beider Seiten. Anschließend wurden Fragen zum Lebenslauf gestellt. Man musste Begründungen geben für Entscheidungen, die man getroffen hat. Es wurden fragen zur Entscheidung für die ausgeschriebene Stelle gestellt. Warum hat man sich für die KPMG entschieden. Motivation für den Arbeitsbereich. Fachspezifische Fragen. Sehr freundliche Atmosphäre.

Interview Questions

• Erzählen Sie mir von einem Misserfolg in Ihrem Leben.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview (1st round - excel test based on a case study, 2nd round - face to face interview with the team manager, 3rd round - interview with partner) . The entire process took 1 week followed by the negotiation period which did not help much.

Interview Questions

• Q1 - Why do you want to join KPMG?
      Q2. - Goals
      Q3 - An example of transaction and was asked to prepare financial statements on that transaction.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard scale for every designation. So negotiation phase was not really productive.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The HR was a wonderful guy, very warm & polite.
    I gave two technical rounds both of which I cleared quite well. However, they took an additional technical round & I found the interviewer to be judgemental for no apparent reason & a bit shallow.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

First there was a case study about payment banking. We had to give an industry overview , trends and outlook and potential buyers of a firm in that industry.

There were 2 interviews followed by case study.

Interview Questions

• I was a CFA level 2. They asked questions about EV, links b/w financial statements.. Etc   Answer Question
    • This one i got wrong. What do you do of non operating asset in valuation.   Answer Question
    • Impact of Share repurchase?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in July 2012.

Interview

technical round..1 hour process ..general interview with brief about myself, brief of the practice within KPMG and salary expectations...and the interview ended with any clarifications/questions I had about the firm/role/team

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the key trends in telecom sector for next 2-3 years?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

One round of telephone interview, one final interview. Friendly interviewers in general for both rounds. Basic questions like why you want to apply, why we should choose you, etc. Not many behaviour questions, more trying to get to know you personally. There are some questions where you need to show logical thinking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

In-person interview went great, however, the recruiter brought me in for a position that required experience that I did not have. Prior to the interview, I asked whether or not the lack of experience would be an issue, and I was told it would not. I was supposed to meet with 4 people, and wound up meeting with 1 and another was on the phone. Total waste of time.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Mumbai (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

4 rounds. GD. HR round. Technical questions. And partner interview. If you pass the round you go to the next round. The interviewers are very helpful. HR round they discuss personal questions. group discussion is more like a debate. Technical questions are accounting entries and current events. The partner round is like a formality done.