KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Horrible experience. The recruiters are extremely unprofessional- they do not call you back after the interview so they can call you again for another round in the future if need be only to put a steady flow of people in front of management. Do not deal with senior associate recruiters or below.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a technical issue you have run into and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and relaxed. They just asked basic questions about my background and skills. I had two conversations over the phone and met with a couple of people in person.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about background and experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1 on 1 in-person interview.
    The interviewer reviewed resume and asked for self presentation.
    It took about 30 minutes (half an hour).
    He also asked for questions and answered. Overall fine. It was 1st interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Go to the career fair and give your resume every chance you get, if they see your resume a lot when they organize their stack after the career fair then the assumption is that your very interested in KPMG and not just dropping resumes everywhere you can.

1st round on campus, very basic (strengths/weakness, SWOT questions...). Google "interview questions"and those will be the non personal questions. Also make sure you know your resume and be able to articulate what you did in your internship/club...

2nd round in office, very casual. Went to lunch with some seniors, then two 30 min interviews followed by HR presentation and dinner with partners, directors and managers. Very relaxed. Their goal is to get to know you and see if your someone who is enjoyable to work with. If you got this far the assumption is you know the technical skills, now you have to prove you have the soft skills. Be ready to have a lot of questions, and not standard ones like "what do you like about working here". Research the job and ask specific questions (eg. Could you tell me about a client experience that is representative of how normal interactions go when asking for client documentation?), then listen to the answer and pick something specific that they say and come up with a follow up question for it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Big 4 does A LOT of market research. They know how much the other Big 4, other public accounting firms and industry salaries for comparable jobs. They will give you basically the same offer as the other Big 4 + - $1,000 (if that).

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was a past summer intern, and got referred for an associate position through a recruiter. The entire interview process happened fairly fast, I was scheduled for a first round interview around 5-6 days after applying and was asked to come in for an office interview about 10 days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in a classroom or workforce experience and how did you learn from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very competitive offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply through campus, network with recruiters and reps as much as possible. Stand out! Attend all events, be yourself. Interview strictly on interpersonal skills. Know the context, content and result of everything on resume. Attend inside look event and get to meet professionals. Will be given many opportunities to network early.

Associate Interview

Interview

feedback you received?it is a very stressful, ask tons of behaviors questions, which i really hates, i am more like easy going questions totally stressed by the interview process, director and partner interview is tough really tough, i could talk with associate very well but not the partner. they make people feel uncomfortable, do not know if that is the culture working there, but do like the interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

My first KPMG encounter was 2 years ago when I applied for a position. I received initial email contact from a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I completed the phone screen and then never heard from the recruiter again, with my follow up emails being ignored.

Flash forward and I recently applied for an Associate role, a little gun-shy after what I deemed to be a negative encounter 2 years earlier (it really does not take much to send a courtesy email to close the loop and I can't view a lack of response to several emails as anything other than rude). But KPMG generally has a good (some might say, a great) reputation as an employer, so I decided to try again.

I went through the same initial contact/phone screen process and this time, secured an in-person interview. The process, with 3 different points of contact before the in-person interview, seems a bit all over the place, but I will chalk that up to KPMG being a massive organization with more complex procedures than some/most. My in-person interview ended up being quite bizarre as I was brought into a public space, which felt entirely inappropriate for what was not a casual conversation, but a formal interview, with a serious tone and behavioral questions to boot. It was utterly distracting to have noise, people eating lunch a few tables away, others walking by and crumbs and dirt on the table at which we sat.

Following this interview, I again find myself back where I was 2 years ago, with my email communication to the recruiter being ignored, despite being assured in advance that their role was to advocate on my behalf.

All around a wholly unpleasant candidate experience on both counts and an experience which leaves me with a negative opinion of the organization.

Interview Questions

KPMG Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Associate Director, Hire Recruiting

I am sorry you had a negative experience with the recruiter and the hiring team. As I mentioned in a previous post candidate care if very important to us. Please let me know if I can do anything to ... More

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It was a typical process. There were first round interviews. These were followed by second round final interviews that lasted all day. I was interviewed by about 6 different people. Overall the process was not too challenging. The questions were all behaviorial. Make sure you have questions to ask at the end. Sometimes interviewers begin by asking what questions do you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a manager to discuss my qualifications and education. I interviewed with four individuals at different levels. The overall process took a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why do you want to work at KPMG?
      Answer Question