KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.9

177 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

It was pretty standard, no tricky interview questions. The interviewers were friendly and inviting. They explained what they expected of the associate and how they could grow in the firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee that was stressed?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Interview

Interview

In depth process; phone interviews (5), in person interview . I met with a lot of different members of the team including those I don't work with directly. They asked a lot of questions regarding why I want to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for KPMG?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1. screener with hr team member from South Africa 2. hiring manager phone call 3. phone call with director of department. No opportunity to interview in person.
    Everyone I spoke to was fairly unfriendly and not conversational by any means. It was a bit uncomfortable at times as the interviewers seemed unprepared and not interested in learning anything about me outside of what was already on my resume. One hiring manager was yawning quite continuously, another did not have questions ready nor responded to anything I said so there were long pauses. I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview, felt I was on my game and very qualified for the role so it was a disappointing process. Waited about a month to hear back and was only given feedback that they were not continuing with me once I had reached out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Horrible experience. The recruiters are extremely unprofessional- they do not call you back after the interview so they can call you again for another round in the future if need be only to put a steady flow of people in front of management. Do not deal with senior associate recruiters or below.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a technical issue you have run into and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and relaxed. They just asked basic questions about my background and skills. I had two conversations over the phone and met with a couple of people in person.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about background and experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1 on 1 in-person interview.
    The interviewer reviewed resume and asked for self presentation.
    It took about 30 minutes (half an hour).
    He also asked for questions and answered. Overall fine. It was 1st interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Go to the career fair and give your resume every chance you get, if they see your resume a lot when they organize their stack after the career fair then the assumption is that your very interested in KPMG and not just dropping resumes everywhere you can.

1st round on campus, very basic (strengths/weakness, SWOT questions...). Google "interview questions"and those will be the non personal questions. Also make sure you know your resume and be able to articulate what you did in your internship/club...

2nd round in office, very casual. Went to lunch with some seniors, then two 30 min interviews followed by HR presentation and dinner with partners, directors and managers. Very relaxed. Their goal is to get to know you and see if your someone who is enjoyable to work with. If you got this far the assumption is you know the technical skills, now you have to prove you have the soft skills. Be ready to have a lot of questions, and not standard ones like "what do you like about working here". Research the job and ask specific questions (eg. Could you tell me about a client experience that is representative of how normal interactions go when asking for client documentation?), then listen to the answer and pick something specific that they say and come up with a follow up question for it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Big 4 does A LOT of market research. They know how much the other Big 4, other public accounting firms and industry salaries for comparable jobs. They will give you basically the same offer as the other Big 4 + - $1,000 (if that).

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was a past summer intern, and got referred for an associate position through a recruiter. The entire interview process happened fairly fast, I was scheduled for a first round interview around 5-6 days after applying and was asked to come in for an office interview about 10 days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in a classroom or workforce experience and how did you learn from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very competitive offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply through campus, network with recruiters and reps as much as possible. Stand out! Attend all events, be yourself. Interview strictly on interpersonal skills. Know the context, content and result of everything on resume. Attend inside look event and get to meet professionals. Will be given many opportunities to network early.

Associate Interview

Interview

feedback you received?it is a very stressful, ask tons of behaviors questions, which i really hates, i am more like easy going questions totally stressed by the interview process, director and partner interview is tough really tough, i could talk with associate very well but not the partner. they make people feel uncomfortable, do not know if that is the culture working there, but do like the interview process