KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

There were a lot of different steps to the interview process and many people that I had to go through. I also didn't have much of an idea of the actual position that I was applying for until I got my formal offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Everyone is nice and the conversation is relaxing. I was asked by several tech questions and most parts are about my past experience, previous projects, etc...the nyc office locates on park ave and has a nice view.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

My friend referral me this position, after I submitted the application,I have a phone interview with manager, manager was nice, and another phone interview from the team member, she also very nice. They ask me if I can work as intern other than full time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

There was a telephone screen and information call before they get back to you. If they like you, they will set up a telephone interview which contains a case. Thy then evaluate and set up a time for you to come into the office and do two in-person interviews, one with a case and another behavioral. They then evaluate and extend offers. Overall, a very pleasing and efficient experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. The manager/director who interviewed me was well versed with all the company details and was a good resource to understand what the role I applied for would be like.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how my skill sets could align to the work that would be assigned in my current project, my strengths and weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sacramento, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had a couple phone calls and then was flown our for a final round interview with four directors and one partner. Once I had a final interview with the company, they reached out 2 weeks later to offer me the Associate role. Following the offer, I spent a 1 week in negotiations with the recruiting lead, and finally started the role an additional 3 weeks following that time period.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were confronted with a problem while leading a team? Mostly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went back and forth with their national recruiter while negotiating salary and signing bonus.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Pre-interview followed by on campus interview and super day at office. I applied through my university and got an email saying I have an interview. Very professional and got to see the office. They offered everyone to stay at a 5 star hotel and good food.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

My first KPMG encounter was 2 years ago when I applied for a position. I received initial email contact from a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I completed the phone screen and then never heard from the recruiter again, with my follow up emails being ignored.

Flash forward and I recently applied for an Associate role, a little gun-shy after what I deemed to be a negative encounter 2 years earlier (it really does not take much to send a courtesy email to close the loop and I can't view a lack of response to several emails as anything other than rude). But KPMG generally has a good (some might say, a great) reputation as an employer, so I decided to try again.

I went through the same initial contact/phone screen process and this time, secured an in-person interview. The process, with 3 different points of contact before the in-person interview, seems a bit all over the place, but I will chalk that up to KPMG being a massive organization with more complex procedures than some/most. My in-person interview ended up being quite bizarre as I was brought into a public space, which felt entirely inappropriate for what was not a casual conversation, but a formal interview, with a serious tone and behavioral questions to boot. It was utterly distracting to have noise, people eating lunch a few tables away, others walking by and crumbs and dirt on the table at which we sat.

Following this interview, I again find myself back where I was 2 years ago, with my email communication to the recruiter being ignored, despite being assured in advance that their role was to advocate on my behalf.

All around a wholly unpleasant candidate experience on both counts and an experience which leaves me with a negative opinion of the organization.

Interview Questions

KPMG Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Associate Director, Hire Recruiting

I am sorry you had a negative experience with the recruiter and the hiring team. As I mentioned in a previous post candidate care if very important to us. Please let me know if I can do anything to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Not too bad. I did a phone interview and a follow up interview with the partner. Once I went through this initial round of interviews, I also did a round of in-office interviews where I was able meet with potential leaders on the team of the project where the need was.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in May 2012.

Interview

Campus interview at first then interview at the office you will be working in. Interview was about average in difficulty. It took a very long time to hear back from recruiting. Much longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you have had in your career and how did you address it?   Answer Question