KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview began with an email from HR, followed by an phone interview and eventually I was brought into the office for two 1 on 1 interviews with partners of the firm. I was given very positive feedback from the interviewers via HR. The interviews went well, however the responsiblities of the role had changed since I had applied to the job. The process was rather quick, and KPMG tried to meet my needs and make it as quick as they could.

Interview Questions

• There many firms like this out there, why this one?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and asked to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen consisted on some basic OOPs and SQL concepts. The recruiter set up a technical 1:1 phone interview. Was contacted a week later saying that they wanted me to come by their Montvale, NJ office for two 1:3 panel interviews. The first interview was okay with some basic and some advanced ASP.NET and SQL Server and general Computer Science questions. The second interview was much more technically challenging. The questions ranged from general Computer Science concepts to very specific ASP.NET architecture.

I knew from the second interview that I had slim chances of getting through. Was told a couple of weeks later by the recruiter (by phone) that they're going with some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of your ASP.NET application? Why is a DAL required?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between stack and heap? What if I initialize an object within the scope of a function?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Columbus, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Being from a small school where Big 4 accounting firms do not actively recruit at, I had to be proactive and contact KPMG through my own channels of emailing the HR director and sending my resume to the MOP. Once I was accepted for an interview, KPMG paid for my milage to come and interview in the office. I met one on one with 3 Managers, spending about 30 minutes with each one. Once that round of interviewing was over, I got another call about 2 weeks later to come in and interview again. This interview was very similiar to the last round, except this time I met with Senior Managers. After the interview I recieved a call about a week later stating they were offering me a job. They gave me one week to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what your biggest weakness is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was relitively straight forward. The company sent you an offer letter and if you had other offers on the table you could try to negiotate your compensation up. Compensation was well above any of the other offers I had recieved, so I personally accepted my contract as is.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Sr Manager/Director
    3. Additional Phone Interviews
    4. In-person Interview with Director-Level of practice (they typically fly you somewhere)
    5. Additional phone/in person meetings (as needed)
    6. Offer from recruiter

...my process went quickly, but I've known for it to be a lot slower

Interview Questions

• They asked me about trends I know in the marketplace and how I saw those as being good options for the client - do your homework!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

very friendly, personality oriented, and very encouraging. Went through my resume, told me i was doing great (in terms of getting MBA), as well as supported my plan to get CPA license.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary, coming out of college

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied through internal reference. Contained initial phone screen, onsite interview with manager and director, phone interview with another director, and a writing assignment.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past experience   1 Answer
    • If the client doesn't like your methodology, how will you deal it?   1 Answer
    • Common behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Associate Interview

Interview

the interviewer was nice and went through of the resume

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Charlotte, NC) in October 2009.

Interview

very standardized. intrapersonal skills and profesionalism can be as important or more than education.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, no surprises, be ready to talk and interact - they want to get to know you as a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

accepted offer as is - first job so not much leverage.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Very lengthy. Lots of interviews and the time line was over five months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I got more starting salary.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. 2 phone interviews 1 in person. No caste study.