KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. 2 phone interviews 1 in person. No caste study.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Interview

Interview

Campus interview then first round and second round on site. With 4 managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

It's an on campus interview for associate position in economics consulting. 1-1interview and a lot of behavior questions such as why do you choose KPMG. It lasts half an hour. First go through some projects on resume and then give several behavior questions. At last, let you ask several questions about them.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

Met the HR recruiting team at the campus career fair and was called back for a second round of interviews on campus. The second of round of interviews consists of talking to HR and a manger from your prospective group. The third round of interviews is on site at the KPMG office and is a formality - don't screw up and you have a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a task that you failed and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with KPMG for an Associate position in their dispute advisory group. The process was very unprofessional and I was constantly left without any callback or answer from KPMG. I initially had a phone interview with an HR Director that went well, so another phone interview was set up with a Managing Director. I never got a phone call at the specified time. I called the HR Director and she told me that the Managing Director had forgotten about me and was on a business trip. She says that she will reschedule. A MONTH later she calls me and sets up an in-person interview with 2 individuals and a lunch. The in person interview goes great. A week later, I email all 4 people I met with and not one returned my email. The HR Director didn't return my voicemail, either. It is 7 months after that interview now and I have yet to hear from anyone KPMG. This is a premier accounting firm?

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say is your biggest weakness?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in November 2010.

Interview

First round was a phone interview and it went well

Got office visit, most of KPMG associates were friendly and nice. Only problem - I did not like the team that I was interviewing for.There was a partner presentation followed by 3 interviews (manager/sr Manager/Associate)

I was highly disinterested in the process because of the negative vibes and treatment by the team. Did not care at all - going into this office visit I had offers from 2 other bigger+better big4s

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Very organized and well planned interview process. More of personality fit and value driven selection process. Be confident and sell yourself well. Very friendly and candid interviewers so do not ruin your chances with nervousness!

Interview Questions

• Why this position?
      sell yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it! some lucky passenger is always ready to grab the opportunity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter after a friend submitted my resume to HR. Had an hour long interview. Contacted the next day to set up an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of two 1:1's both behavioral in nature (Describe a time when...). One was with a partner, which was slightly stressful. Definitely more difficult than the phone interview but not the worst thing I have ever been through. Was contacted about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you when were on a high stress project, what did you struggle with and what did you excel in?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time when you had to demonstrate leadership to motivate a group to perform a task.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

On campus hire so the interview process was similar to all on campus hire interviews. Spoke with the Partner, a Director, and met the team within a week. Overall I felt the interview was relaxed and the interviewers seemed to want me to do well and addressed me as though I was already part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Had a series of situational questions and tell us about yourself, describe experience with data analysis   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Replying very slow, but looks quite standardized. Had a very short talk with HR, got declined after one hour without reason. Followed up with interviewer then I was told because it doesn't sponsor. I did write I need sponsorship but still they gave me this time-wasting interview.