KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in May 2011.

Interview

A lot of the interview was based on situational questions. How I handled specific situations, how I felt about working long hours. Several questions delved into my prior experience with my previous jobs and what knowledge I brought to the table. Because it was for a technical position it was important that I had the proper skill set to succeed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online after viewing a LinkedIn Job Posting. A few weeks later a recruiter from a different state emailed me for a phone screening. During that conversation, the recruiter indicated she would recommend me for another interview with a Manager. A few days later I spoke with a Manager over the phone, who actually works in the office that I will be assigned. The Manager indicated he would recommend me for another interview with a Partner. A few days later I spoke with the Partner over the phone. The Partner was based out of an office somewhere on the other side of the country. The Partner indicated that she would recommend me for the position and she thought I was a good fit, I may receive a job offer. However, she also indicated I may have to come in for a face-to-face interview. Ok cool. A few days later I was given instructions for my face-to-face interview. Flew to a different office, and spoke with another Partner. Weeks passed by. I sent a follow-up email and placed a follow-up phone call to the recruiter. Nothing. A couple of weeks later the recruiter calls to tell me "It's not that we didn't like you... but there is a hiring freeze due to the holiday season". Ok. A few months later, another recruiter calls. I got the job. Yay.

Interview Questions

• The first phone interviewers just asked questions about my prior experience. The face-to-face interviewer actually went into specific detail points from my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate with me. I was told the salary was as high as they could go.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2012.

Interview

It was behavioral and general interview questions. One campus interview and three office interviews. Campus interview was with a manager and office round of interviews were with senior manager and a partner.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I was granted an interview through the campus career center. I have attended multiple campus events hosted by KPMG and find their people to be the most compelling reason to seek employment at the firm. Everyone is exceedingly nice, welcoming and sincere in their desire to see candidates excel. The day of the interview went very smoothly as I was greeted by a relatively new associate who explained the process and answered any questions. My interviewer was a Manager who was very nice and easy to talk with about my credentials. The thirty minutes allotted for the interview were gone before we knew it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received constructive criticism.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the HR for phone screening. Then the head of the team called for phone screening. I was invited for in person interview and met two managers and two directors.

Interview Questions

• Tech Questions about discount rate, interest only bond, principal only bond, CMBS.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I joined KPMG as an experienced professional. My interview process was unusual and didn't follow usual interview procedures. I showed interest in joining the Big 4 and KPMG showed interest back. I went to lunch (wearing jeans) on a Friday with a partner, director and a manager, then a few days later I was hired.

Interview Questions

• My interview was mostly conversation with a discussion of why I wanted to join KPMG - which was the standard name, prestige, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I came in at a higher salary than other experienced associates. But this hurt me in the long run as I didn't get a raise for another year and a half.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview followed by two rounds of interviews at the Atlanta office. The first round occurred after I applied through my campus recruiting office and the company came to the career center to interview candidates. This was the most difficult phase. The office interviews were more personality based and served as an opportunity for the candidate to interview the firm.

Interview Questions

• Give a description of when ethics played a large role in a key decision.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I got this interview from a career fair. A senior manager interviewed me. The process was enjoyable. She shared her experience with me first and asked me to tell her about myself. It is important to remember the resume well because my interviewer asked me some questions on it. Moreover, she asked me some questions about teamwork and leadership. All the questions were behavioral questions.

Associate Interview

Interview

1. On campus info session. Connected with current employers.
    2. Invited to interview social at a local bar. They say it's optional, but it's a must to be considered.
    3. 1st round on campus interview. Went through resume and one case question.
    4. 2nd round in office interview. Entirely behavioral interviews and a presentation.
    5. Invited to interview social at local bar.

Campus requiter was very friendly and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Apparently they weren't supposed to ask case questions, but one of them was "How would you go about doing a mass deployment of Office 365?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Life in a time of experience. Stayed in the famous W hotel for a night for interview next day and also was treated with great food and wine. In all wonderful time.

Interview Questions

• All management style questions. Most of them were handing difficult client situations and providing solutions   Answer Question