KPMG Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Initial contact at career fair, followed by phone call and office visit. Office visit included interviews with three different professionals. Interviewers all took different approaches with only one of the three asking detailed technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for detailed explanation of valuation methods   Answer Question
  • How have your experiences prepared you for your future career?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with three people - one manager, one senior manager, and one partner. Most of the interviews were behavioral as the CPA exam provides an easy and reliable metric for the firm to use as a knowledge guide for its employees. I felt that you would be hired so long as you didn't absolutely bungle the interview and could carry a conversation with a stranger for about thirty minutes. Overall the process was super simple, streamlined, and straightforward. No work tests (for better or for worse) and not any technical questions at teh entry level.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a follow up phone interview followed by super day. The process was easy and well orchestrated by recruiting teams and HR. Ensuring that I knew each aspect of the processes within their recruitment spectrum.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Tysons, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial Pre-interview night and then followed by interview on campus the next day. You should talk to everyone at the pre interview night as it is a social event. If selected, 2nd round occurs at office at a super day with other service lines. Usually you will find out within one to two weeks tops.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Great internment. Asked tough but pertinent questions to the position, though no technical accounting questions. You meet directly with the directors you would be working with so it's a great way to get a feel for the fun and intelligent people you will be working for and with. There is definitely a lot of interaction with partners in the group and you are able to be proactive and take on a lot of responsibility. The group encourages you to work hard and be vocal about what you want in your career and does their best to usher you in that direction.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance where you had to work under great pressure? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for EVS through University recruiting system. Had one very conversational on-campus interview with a partner and was selected to attend super day in NYC. They paid for all expenses and put me in a hotel. Interviews were mainly Big 4 type behavioral questions. Super day was three interviews. One of which was technical questions mainly about my valuation experience with internships and school. Very basic market comps/DCF.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Not too bad. I did a phone interview and a follow up interview with the partner. Once I went through this initial round of interviews, I also did a round of in-office interviews where I was able meet with potential leaders on the team of the project where the need was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

My first KPMG encounter was 2 years ago when I applied for a position. I received initial email contact from a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I completed the phone screen and then never heard from the recruiter again, with my follow up emails being ignored.

Flash forward and I recently applied for an Associate role, a little gun-shy after what I deemed to be a negative encounter 2 years earlier (it really does not take much to send a courtesy email to close the loop and I can't view a lack of response to several emails as anything other than rude). But KPMG generally has a good (some might say, a great) reputation as an employer, so I decided to try again.

I went through the same initial contact/phone screen process and this time, secured an in-person interview. The process, with 3 different points of contact before the in-person interview, seems a bit all over the place, but I will chalk that up to KPMG being a massive organization with more complex procedures than some/most. My in-person interview ended up being quite bizarre as I was brought into a public space, which felt entirely inappropriate for what was not a casual conversation, but a formal interview, with a serious tone and behavioral questions to boot. It was utterly distracting to have noise, people eating lunch a few tables away, others walking by and crumbs and dirt on the table at which we sat.

Following this interview, I again find myself back where I was 2 years ago, with my email communication to the recruiter being ignored, despite being assured in advance that their role was to advocate on my behalf.

All around a wholly unpleasant candidate experience on both counts and an experience which leaves me with a negative opinion of the organization.

Interview Questions

KPMG Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Associate Director, Hire Recruiting

I am sorry you had a negative experience with the recruiter and the hiring team. As I mentioned in a previous post candidate care if very important to us. Please let me know if I can do anything to

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

meet with 3 senior managers, 30 mins each, all behavior questions. they are friendly and easy going. didn't give a hard time. they gave a detailed introduction about the job responsibilities, work load, etc.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It was a typical process. There were first round interviews. These were followed by second round final interviews that lasted all day. I was interviewed by about 6 different people. Overall the process was not too challenging. The questions were all behaviorial. Make sure you have questions to ask at the end. Sometimes interviewers begin by asking what questions do you have.