KPMG Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

KPMG Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.6

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was for a senior associate position in the financial management consulting practice. Basic screening with a couple recruiters, then a 1 on 1 call with a manager within the practice to which I was applying. Fairly basic questions asked about my past experience at first. However, there was a lot of focus around the specifics of a practice within my current firm that I used to work in, rather than my current role. It seemed more like he was trying to get information on how my current firm conducts business rather than vetting my background. Bad experience despite my highly applicable background for the position--too bad for KPMG.

Project Set Up Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a simple interview. more a one on one interaction. They will ask you to explain your experience. and will ask you to ask as many questions you can ask them. You should be prepared with a good amount of questions to ask the KPMG interviewer. otherwise the interview will end in short span of time.

Corporate Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I initially applied for the Future Diversity Leadership Conference, but I was asked to come in for an interview for this internship soon after my interview for the FDL conference. After submitting an application, I was called in for an on-campus interview, and after passing that then I was called in for an office visit. They took me out to lunch first, then I had two back to back interviews with senior associates.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any interview questions. It was just casual conversation; they wanted me to feel as comfortable as possible, so although they did ask one or two questions, it wasn't too much pressure.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very nice, very friendly. But the questions could be tricky
    Really need to be prepared for company history/background check, also be prepared some technical question. In general, they are behavior questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Application trough university, followed by on-campus interview with professor and internship office, followed by phone interview with manager from the group, followed by a day of in-office interviews with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a team   1 Answer

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was referred from a former employer and got connected to another office location. I had one phone interview with a senior manager in advisory and three in person interviews in the office. Two from advisory directors and another one with senior manager. Interviews were mostly very conversational and very few behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Credit Risk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Attended over 5 different information sessions, handed over CV in all of them and had relevant work experience. Invited for on campus interview which I aced. Even though the HR communicated its going to be a 30 min behavioral interview, it turned out to be completely technical. Heard in a week that three weeks from then, there will be a office visit along with a couple of final round behavioral interviews. Prepared day and night and even cancelled a super-day invitation with another firm clashing with this interview only to hear back a day before the interview that the KPMG has changed its policies and thus cannot consider any international candidates. I think this is easily the worst interview experience I have ever had and I am glad I am not going to this unprofessional firm. I'd like to make following points to the company:

1. If you change your company policies abruptly like that and then claim there were some regulatory changes, please don't visit good schools like GATECH and don't call yourself a part of Big4. I also read Wall Street Journal and haven't come across any such news. None of the other consulting firms have cut down on their hiring, it is certainly an internal issue with your firm.

2. Please tell HR whether the interview is going to be technical or behavioural (if at all you are going to take the interview after scheduling one). This is the very basic principle which even smallest of the startups follow in the sense they atleast tell their candidates what kind of interview awaits them.

3. Please organize less no. of random events on campus. Students have more things to do in life than just listen to same old blabbering everytime. I know one has the option to not go, but you won't select a candidate in the next round if he/she doesn't make it to all of your events. And if both you and the candidate take out so much time, effort and money then atleast frame your internal policies beforehand.

4. In nutshell, please don't be a moron.

I'm never ever going to apply to this firm again

Interview Questions

• Model variables for credit risk models   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

First step was on campus interviews. We had a pre reception the night before the interview and t was a good way to meet your interviewer and start making an impression. on campus interview was entirely conversational. Maybe 1 or 2 questions about resume and behavioral. Second round was on site. More conversational than behavioral as well. Overall process was pretty easy. They want to know how good you are at communicating with people.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer an average team with a great leader or a high performance team with bad leader?   1 Answer

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to an on campus interview, 30 minutes with a partner who was an alum. Then I was called back for an event on site called "Inside Look". Three people that would be on my team took me and the two other candidates out for dinner. The next day was a whole day event from 8am-3pm, lots of information! The last half of the day consisted of three thirty minute back to back interviews with a manager, director, and partner. No trick questions, purely just to get to know me and converse. No case study.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that was a better fit

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round: on campus simple face to face interview. Very easy and laid back
    Second round: at KPMG office in Atlanta. 3 interviews consisting on one behavioral and 2 laid back interviews trying to get to know me better and why I chose KPMG

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG? Name someone you have mentored before and how you were able to help them.   Answer Question