KPMG Audit Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

A good experience. First there was Group discussion. Then a shortlisting was done based on that. Then a normal hr interview was held. And then the shortlisted candidates had a final round of interview which was technical and hr both. After a few hours final selection was made. The entire process was a 1 day process.

Interview Questions

• Related to accounts studied in b. Com   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online (Despite not having all entry requirements they still considered me, which I am grateful for)
    2. Telephone interview
    3. Assessment centre - Basically a 1 hour interview with a Director/Partner

+ They consider candidates with slightly below the entry requirements
    + Refreshments in the lobby - Carbonated/Still/Hot drinks
    - They do not pay for travel expenses (I went from London to Leeds!)
    - They do not pay for accommodation

Interview Questions

• General competency based questions. The one stuck out for me the most was "How would you deal with a client if they changed their requirements?" and "What if they were insistent on the requirements and that you were in the wrong?"   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very fair and I was asked questions relating to my CV, expectations of the role and previous experience. The interviewer was friendly and more interested in how I would fit into the role and organisation. It lasted around 35-40 minutes and I had time to ask questions at the end about the interviewers experience of the firm and his challenges.

Interview Questions

• The questions revolved around my previous work experience and why I was suited to the role. There were not really any technical questions, although my understanding of the audit was probed.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kiev (Ukraine)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 4 stages: 1st- online verbal and numerical tests(time limit, 20min for each)
    2nd - accounting and English knowledge tests in their office together with the audit case (you are writing an e-mail to your manager about some problems that you covered during your visit to the company you are going to audit)
    3rd- interview with HR (just simple questions: why audit? Why kpmg? Why are you a prime candidate? About your previous employment? Strengths and weaknesses).
    4th - interview with Audit manager (lots of questions concerning accounting transactions and excel formulas. Also I was asked about the process of audit: how to do, how can I find errors in reporting of the company, etc.)
    As for me the last stage was the most difficult, I was too nervous and the manager wasn't nice to me.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Paris (France)) in May 2015.

Interview

A telefonical interview with a human resource assistant who ask you questions about your prevous experience and large question about the company
    a second interview face to face with an operational for me it was a senior auditor. This interview is more technical . The senior auditor tries to evaluate your financial skills. Then you have to pass a test of personality after that you have to pass an English test

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astana (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Astana (Kazakhstan)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a partner and a manager. Mostly concentrated on resume and background questions. A week later received an offer to start as a Assistant Level 1. However, I have decided to pursue a graduate degree.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Moscow (Russia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the Job Offer in 1 day event. It took me the whole day starting from 9 a.m. and finishing at 5 p.m. I had an essay in english about pros and cons of living in a big city. Then I had an interview with HR it was standard interview. Managers asked me general questions about my background. Questions were mainly finance (my background is finance).

Interview Questions

• Why audit? Which type of individual savings you know? Why financing the company with equity can be more costly than financing with loan?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied online with cover letter. Got call from HR to come in for 3 interviews. One interview with HR, 2 with senior manager/director. I was also given some numerial/finance tests. Questions were mostly based on CV and cover letter. There were also questions about why KPMG and why audit. No technical questions on interview, but they were instead assessed through the tests.
    Waited one week to hear back from them with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly centered on motivation and around CV.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in December 2014.

Interview

Online application online test Telephone Interview assessment centre. It is enjoyable not very difficult. try to be prepared and relax is the key. we did not have role play as it was for graduate scheme. we had another interview with partner at the end of internship.

Interview Questions

• why KPMG Why this role, What will affect audit world. Tell me a time you work in a team.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Prague (Czech Republic)) in April 2014.

Interview

1st round consists of testing of your logic, numerical reasoning, concentration, multi-tasking and two essays in Czech and English language. It is not particularly hard but make sure you sleep well before your test day. 2 round is the assessment centre - group discussions, role plays, improvised presentation, ... Couple of candidates are selected to further rounds - interview with managers and job-offer interview by partner. I made it to the interviews but then I received a better job offer so I apologized in advance and did not attend the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Quite many difficult accounting questions raised by committee during the AC.   Answer Question