KPMG Audit Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Istanbul (Turkey)).

Interview

First they sent some questions online and asked me to answer them with video recording. Followed by an English proficiency exam and after that manager interview. Manager asked me to talk about myself and why i would like to work in Kpmg. It was very relaxed and enjoyable interview afterall.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think audit is needed?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

A good experience. First there was Group discussion. Then a shortlisting was done based on that. Then a normal hr interview was held. And then the shortlisted candidates had a final round of interview which was technical and hr both. After a few hours final selection was made. The entire process was a 1 day process.

Interview Questions

• Related to accounts studied in b. Com   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online (Despite not having all entry requirements they still considered me, which I am grateful for)
    2. Telephone interview
    3. Assessment centre - Basically a 1 hour interview with a Director/Partner

+ They consider candidates with slightly below the entry requirements
    + Refreshments in the lobby - Carbonated/Still/Hot drinks
    - They do not pay for travel expenses (I went from London to Leeds!)
    - They do not pay for accommodation

Interview Questions

• General competency based questions. The one stuck out for me the most was "How would you deal with a client if they changed their requirements?" and "What if they were insistent on the requirements and that you were in the wrong?"   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kiev (Ukraine)) in August 2016.

Interview

KPMG has a five stage graduate selection process – starting with an online application. Once you've submitted your application online, you'll be invited to complete two online assessments.

If you are good at assesments, recruitment process is coming for three stages of interview: first one with the HR specialist, second one with the manager / senior manager of your department, and the final one with the partner of your department.

Each interview lasts approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What other companies from big 4 are you currently applying to?   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very fair and I was asked questions relating to my CV, expectations of the role and previous experience. The interviewer was friendly and more interested in how I would fit into the role and organisation. It lasted around 35-40 minutes and I had time to ask questions at the end about the interviewers experience of the firm and his challenges.

Interview Questions

• The questions revolved around my previous work experience and why I was suited to the role. There were not really any technical questions, although my understanding of the audit was probed.   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kiev (Ukraine)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 4 stages: 1st- online verbal and numerical tests(time limit, 20min for each)
    2nd - accounting and English knowledge tests in their office together with the audit case (you are writing an e-mail to your manager about some problems that you covered during your visit to the company you are going to audit)
    3rd- interview with HR (just simple questions: why audit? Why kpmg? Why are you a prime candidate? About your previous employment? Strengths and weaknesses).
    4th - interview with Audit manager (lots of questions concerning accounting transactions and excel formulas. Also I was asked about the process of audit: how to do, how can I find errors in reporting of the company, etc.)
    As for me the last stage was the most difficult, I was too nervous and the manager wasn't nice to me.

Interview Questions

• Wrote everything in the gap before   1 Answer

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Paris (France)) in May 2015.

Interview

A telefonical interview with a human resource assistant who ask you questions about your prevous experience and large question about the company
    a second interview face to face with an operational for me it was a senior auditor. This interview is more technical . The senior auditor tries to evaluate your financial skills. Then you have to pass a test of personality after that you have to pass an English test

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astana (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Astana (Kazakhstan)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a partner and a manager. Mostly concentrated on resume and background questions. A week later received an offer to start as a Assistant Level 1. However, I have decided to pursue a graduate degree.

Audit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Moscow (Russia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the Job Offer in 1 day event. It took me the whole day starting from 9 a.m. and finishing at 5 p.m. I had an essay in english about pros and cons of living in a big city. Then I had an interview with HR it was standard interview. Managers asked me general questions about my background. Questions were mainly finance (my background is finance).

Interview Questions

• Why audit? Which type of individual savings you know? Why financing the company with equity can be more costly than financing with loan?   Answer Question

Audit Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied online with cover letter. Got call from HR to come in for 3 interviews. One interview with HR, 2 with senior manager/director. I was also given some numerial/finance tests. Questions were mostly based on CV and cover letter. There were also questions about why KPMG and why audit. No technical questions on interview, but they were instead assessed through the tests.
    Waited one week to hear back from them with an offer.