KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Not very technical, more get to know you style. Pre-interview dinner to get to know you will be interviewing you and then a conversation about yourself during the actual interview the next day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward. Asked about my college experience. Asked me if I believed I could succeed at KPMG, what are my strengths and weaknesses. Asked me where do I see myself in five years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Apply online
    2. Call for an interview
    3. Do the 15 technical MCQ questions and 1 essay
    4. Review my resume
    5. Two to one interview ( as in branch so partners to interviewee) *did ask technical questions

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Stage 1 - Aptitude test, Stage 2 Assessment Center, Stage 3 Interview with a partner. The aptitude test was straight forward quantitative and verbal. The assessment center had another test a group task and an interview with a panel. Both interviews involved BBI and other normal questions

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

This is why KPMG is the best. Here is what I did to receive my full time offer: 1) network with the campus recruiter before the recruiting events event start. This helps get your face in the room before a lot of applications come in. 2) Attend the recruiting events. This is simple because you want to see if this is the company you want to work for and it shows the recruiting team you're interested. 3). Apply. This is simple as it seems. Step 1 is crucial for this because this can separate yourself from the rest. 4) Campus interviews. Be yourself and study up on KPMG especially the federal practice if you're interested. STAR practicing as well. 5) super day aka second round. Be yourself again and you're almost out of the woods. 6) Offer! Overall, awesome and relaxing process by KPMG

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

Disorganized interview. The interviewer was in IT, and I applied for Internal Audit. He asked me what I applied for and had to write it down. He didn't even know. Easy questions, but it seemed doomed from the git-go. Also, he gave terrible answers to my questions. My responses were far better which is absolutely not how it should be. He did not seem like he cared at all.

I am very disappointed because I expected a lot more from a company like KPMG. I'm not upset about not getting an offer, it's more so that I don't think I even had a chance seeing I had someone interviewing me that wasn't even in the line of work I applied for and unaware of what position I was interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Very relaxed. Very up to par with the generational differences that usually seem to create for difficulty. Can go through their Discover Program (3 day process) which gets you an internship the following summer. Then after an 8-9 week internship you receive an offer if you have done your job well enough. It's a very hands on, long process, type of interview that really is essential to the culture that has been created at KPMG.

Interview Questions

• Not very question based. More of a get to you know you and if you would fit in type of interview. They know from your resume that you are smart enough and dedicated enough to get work done, they want to see how you would interact with a team.   Answer Question