KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 27, 2017

2.8

372 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Stage 1 - Aptitude test, Stage 2 Assessment Center, Stage 3 Interview with a partner. The aptitude test was straight forward quantitative and verbal. The assessment center had another test a group task and an interview with a panel. Both interviews involved BBI and other normal questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

This is why KPMG is the best. Here is what I did to receive my full time offer: 1) network with the campus recruiter before the recruiting events event start. This helps get your face in the room before a lot of applications come in. 2) Attend the recruiting events. This is simple because you want to see if this is the company you want to work for and it shows the recruiting team you're interested. 3). Apply. This is simple as it seems. Step 1 is crucial for this because this can separate yourself from the rest. 4) Campus interviews. Be yourself and study up on KPMG especially the federal practice if you're interested. STAR practicing as well. 5) super day aka second round. Be yourself again and you're almost out of the woods. 6) Offer! Overall, awesome and relaxing process by KPMG

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Greenville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process began at a campus recruiting event and then transitioned in to a scheduled interview. KPMG conducts their interviews in a very professional manner, however the interviewers are very personable individuals that provide for an enjoyable interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 interviews with recruiter, manager, and partner. First I had a phone screen with the recruiter who verified that I had the required qualifications and talked to me about the various aspects of the job. With the manager and partner we basically talked about my background and experiences and they elaborated more about the day to day job requirements and the culture of the organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through KPMG's website as well as campus career link. It took about a week to review the application. Before the official interview, there was a pre-interview dinner that you can connect with other candidates and current employee in KPMG.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you learned from your previous internship experience   Answer Question

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

Disorganized interview. The interviewer was in IT, and I applied for Internal Audit. He asked me what I applied for and had to write it down. He didn't even know. Easy questions, but it seemed doomed from the git-go. Also, he gave terrible answers to my questions. My responses were far better which is absolutely not how it should be. He did not seem like he cared at all.

I am very disappointed because I expected a lot more from a company like KPMG. I'm not upset about not getting an offer, it's more so that I don't think I even had a chance seeing I had someone interviewing me that wasn't even in the line of work I applied for and unaware of what position I was interviewing for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview that lasted 1 hour (30 minutes with an audit manager and 30 minutes with a tax manager). I was the last one to interview so I could understand the interviewers were tired, but it seemed as though they didn't really listen to what I had to say. This was my very first job interview so I was disappointed with how it turned out.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with having multiple projects assigned to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone who is difficult to work with?   Answer Question