KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 interviews with recruiter, manager, and partner. First I had a phone screen with the recruiter who verified that I had the required qualifications and talked to me about the various aspects of the job. With the manager and partner we basically talked about my background and experiences and they elaborated more about the day to day job requirements and the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

Disorganized interview. The interviewer was in IT, and I applied for Internal Audit. He asked me what I applied for and had to write it down. He didn't even know. Easy questions, but it seemed doomed from the git-go. Also, he gave terrible answers to my questions. My responses were far better which is absolutely not how it should be. He did not seem like he cared at all.

I am very disappointed because I expected a lot more from a company like KPMG. I'm not upset about not getting an offer, it's more so that I don't think I even had a chance seeing I had someone interviewing me that wasn't even in the line of work I applied for and unaware of what position I was interviewing for.

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Very relaxed. Very up to par with the generational differences that usually seem to create for difficulty. Can go through their Discover Program (3 day process) which gets you an internship the following summer. Then after an 8-9 week internship you receive an offer if you have done your job well enough. It's a very hands on, long process, type of interview that really is essential to the culture that has been created at KPMG.

Interview Questions

• Not very question based. More of a get to you know you and if you would fit in type of interview. They know from your resume that you are smart enough and dedicated enough to get work done, they want to see how you would interact with a team.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

First the phone interview with the audit manager. Then the onsite interview with 2 managers and 1 partner separately. Also 2 senior associate took me to have lunch in a nice restaurant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

it was over the phone I was aboard and they wanted me to fly to us to get interviewed which sound unreasonable for me so I told them I went fly just to make an interview. they told me it's very competitive market it was for due diligence. the recruiter at first was very nice and charming but in the end, she disappointed me a lot because she closed me this opportunity. what can I say? maybe I did have the right culture for this because I am more of telling people what I think on their face and many Americans are not like this. I tried afterward to apply independently but I couldn't probably because they have records that I wasn't accepted in another channel.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The interview is all behavioral questions based. I had a partner and a senior manager interviewed me. The questions are pretty easy. Just be confident and be ready to talk through your resume.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a very positive experience. The entire process took about two months from a first interview with a recruiter to receiving an offer. Every interview was a great conversation and were very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences and why they led you here.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2016.

Interview

About an hour and 20 minutes. interviewed with senior manager. mostly conversational. she talked about the job and the company and what its like to work there. then interviewed with another senior manager.- mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. tell me about your resume. mostly left time for me to ask questions. tell me about a time you had to work in a group.- when someone didnt do their part.- when you had to be a leader. etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (State College, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with KPMG after meeting with them at my schools Career fair. There were multiple interviewers for various positions. I went to the career services center and signed in. There were other employees there who were greeters and could answer any of the questions you had before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and a group member disagreed on something? What is your activity you are most passionate about? What is your GPA? Why did you chose this location?   Answer Question

See What KPMG Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Associate in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “Despite being the runt of the Big 4, you still get access to industry behemoths, great learning resources, and name recognition that can open plenty of doors. The Big 4 are pretty much the...”“Despite being the runt of the Big 4, you still get access to industry behemoths, great learning resources, and name recognition that can open plenty of doors. The Big 4 are pretty much the same in the incestual world that accounting / consulting is in, but KPMG attracts a good combination of bright individuals and scrappy state school kids - at least in Advisory. It's a good combination of interacting with some brilliant people and hard working professionals. Compensation is adequate. The salary is competitive and the 5 weeks of PTO (with it rolling over in CA) is great! Work-life balance is decent. You work hard and have some unpredictable hours, but if an event is important to you, you will most likely be able to make it. Overall, a great learning opportunity to start a career and learn a good foundation of accounting / financial analysis that can be used to transition elsewhere if desired. Not much incentive to stay longer unless you truly love the work and want to realize the pension / 401k benefits, but with the Bay Area offering so much opportunity, Big 4 doesn't seem to entice that many to stay long.” – Full Review