KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

344 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Albany, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Pre interview dinner to meet a few associates and partners to get some preliminary questions you may have answered. On campus interview then if you made it to the second interview an inside look into the day to day in their office as well as lunch with a senior associate.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to give bad news to someone above you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and only had final round interview at a KPMG "super day". Had two interviews with senior managers. One interviewer decided that 30 minutes was not enough for her and conducted a longer interview in which she asked technical questions (was a behavioral interview). I have interviewed at KPMG in the past and I actually received an offer to be a tax intern. The interviewing process at KPMG and the other big 4 accounting teams is pretty straightforward in that they ask behavioral questions and more or less just want to know if you are able to manage your time and that you can work on a team.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to several meet and greet events where I was able to become familiar with the recruiter. The first interview was on campus. It was short and laid back. At the office, I was interviewed by two different managers. Afterwards I went to lunch with a couple of associates. They called an made me an offer before I got home.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

submitted applications through firm website and school career site
    got on-campus interview invitation within 2 weeks
    one on one on-campus interview
    2nd round interview invitaion after a week from on-campus interview
    2nd round In-house interview
    Offer

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation in your past work or school experience where you demonstrated problem-solving skills   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Interviewed on campus by a senior manager. Very easy going interview. The interview started off with standard question and answer, but quickly moved to casual conversation. It lasted about 30 minutes and then was finished. After this interview there was an onsite interview weeks later. It was the same format.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you handled a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and got the first round interview. There was a pre-interview dinner where I met several associates, senior managers and my interviewer. For the interview, interviewer started by introducing himself and asked several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about teamwork, why accounting, and strengths and weaknesses. And one question about how to deal with criticisms. 30 minutes long.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

more conversational, ask some general questions. you got to know who will interview you during the pre night, you can talk with the interviewer during that time. it help them get to know you better. it is not hard, nothing difficult.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when your co-worker does not involve much.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2015.

Interview

There is an initial on-campus interview, and it is basically just a conversation with the interviewer. If you do well there, they take you to the office in DC and you have two manager interviews at that office.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through the recruiting system used by my college campus, as well as online on the company website. I was invited for an interview and a pre-interview dinner. The interview was very relaxed and questions were behavioral. The interview lasted thirty minutes and there was a lot of time and opportunity to ask the company questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview social to interact with current employees and new hires.On campus interview with a senior professional followed by office interviews. The on campus interview started with general questions regarding administrative questions like start date, location preference etc. Most of the questions emerged from the resume asking to explain several parts and give details about work experience. The questions were mostly behavioral in nature.Be prepared to ask questions to the interviewer too.