KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview social to interact with current employees and new hires.On campus interview with a senior professional followed by office interviews. The on campus interview started with general questions regarding administrative questions like start date, location preference etc. Most of the questions emerged from the resume asking to explain several parts and give details about work experience. The questions were mostly behavioral in nature.Be prepared to ask questions to the interviewer too.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University Career Service. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed with a manager. He seems to be cool, and it was a pretty pleasant experience. The interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG, tell me about a time you had a conflict with a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Davis, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. There were no very tough questions and after a couple of general questions that any interviewee should expect the interview became a conversation. The interviewer asked about things that I brought up or things he thought were interesting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Talk about (blank) experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just normal conversation. They were very friendly but the people who worked there looked pretty stressed out. No one was talking. Interview process was pretty smooth. We chat for 30 min. And she was super friendly.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at my university. I received an email two days later inviting me in for an interview and office visit. I interviewed with an Audit Manager and two partners. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. It was a great experience overall!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter after submitting a resume. I was offered an interview on campus, and after making it past the first round I was invited to fly out to tour the office and I was interviewed by two of the managing partners there. The firm was very professional, and the interview process was organized in such a way that I knew what was going on. I have also interviewed with other accounting firms with similar results.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Just graduated from GMU with Finance and Accounting (05/2014). That already was a big plus because alot of the talent pool that interviewed only had one or the other. Passed 2 out of 4 of the CPA exam which was another HUGE plus. I already know at least 3 partners, 5 Senior Managers, Tons of Employees. Luckily for me, I knew where they happy hours are generally located. This job took me about 1 year of groundwork. I got a tip that they were looking and it was by a Manager I knew already. There was one "pre-screen" interview. One official "Phone Interview". One face to face. Then one "Phone Interview" with my team. They ask very technical stuff during interviews. They also asked why we should higher you versus the other qualified people. Luckily, I have official awards and achievements that I brought with me to symbolize my value to KPMG and sure enough it worked. They asked specific problems that I encountered, and what I exactly did to fix them.

Google STAR Matrix and KPMG 8 Core Competencies and know them sharp

They liked me for three reasons, my network all knew me and vouched for me, my previous experience in the Federal Government, and finally my interview skills focusing in on my awards, plaques, achievements, and deliverables.

Word of advice, if you apply through the website, you will definitely be competing with the brightest and talented group of people. If you cannot catch up, you will be eliminated quickly.

Interview Questions

• There are other more qualified candidates pursuing this position. Why should we higher you over them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight up, no negotiation. You submit an offer, they accept/reject - thats it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round of interview was with the audit manager for 30 minutes. After answering the "tell me about yourself", I was asked behavioral interview questions. There were no technical accounting questions that were asked. Make sure to have specific examples when answering behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you worked under pressure. Why did you choose audit? Will you have a car to travel to client sites?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Campus interview was very conversational and almost there was no behavioural questions. Only question I remember from the first interview was "tell me about yourself". There were many questions regarding my resume and hobbies. After some time, it became a chat about our travels. 1 month later I was invited to office visit. I was interviewed by 2 manager. Both were great people and again, all questions came from my resume. It was again very conversational. For whole interview process, you should prepare many intelligent questions to ask. It really makes huge difference and determine the direction of the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Had phone interview with hr then brought in met with a managing director. After managing director met with a partner. Overall not a very hard experience the staff was very easy to talk to and seemed very interested in those with whom they interviewed and how the company could benefit possible employees

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary for an interview. Very basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question