KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Associate Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter by email, then had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with another recruiter at the local office. After that scheduled for an office visit.

During the office visit, I interviewed with a partner and a recruiter and had lunch with 2 other associates. All of them are very friendly and approachable.

Did not get any feedback after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter after submitting a resume. I was offered an interview on campus, and after making it past the first round I was invited to fly out to tour the office and I was interviewed by two of the managing partners there. The firm was very professional, and the interview process was organized in such a way that I knew what was going on. I have also interviewed with other accounting firms with similar results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round of interview was with the audit manager for 30 minutes. After answering the "tell me about yourself", I was asked behavioral interview questions. There were no technical accounting questions that were asked. Make sure to have specific examples when answering behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you worked under pressure. Why did you choose audit? Will you have a car to travel to client sites?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very fast! I got an internal reference. First part was with the audit manager and then two staffs took me out for lunch for the second part. The third part was with a partner and finally, the fourth was with another partner. It was a long interview but mainly asked about resume and why public accounting. More like a conversation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with the Campus Recruiter and then 3 in person interviews of 30 min each with different managers and partners in the office. All behavioral questions and conversations about my background and "why accounting / KPMG". Most of my interviews were just like normal conversations and only one resorted to a pre determined list of questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent ethical dilemma and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

There are about 5 interviews with associates, partners and managers. the last interview is with the recruiter who follows up with the interviews. about a week after the interview, a recruiter calls to let you know if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was hired full-time through first going through the KPMG internship program as a junior in college. I went through college recruiting where I had a first round interview with a KPMG recruiter at my campus career center. Then I was invited in for the second and final round of interviews, which was a full day over-night interview process, which included dinner with professionals, paid hotel room for the night in the city, and 2 interviews the next morning with a manager and a partner. All questions were behavioral and the partner interview was particularly informal - at this point, they want to just get to know you and whether they'd be interested in having you on one of their audit teams.

Interview Questions

• Please give a situation in which you were in an ethically compromising situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation as salaries are the same across the board for all interns and new-hires. However there is a higher salary for new hires who can demonstrate that they've completed 150 units towards their CPA. Also bonuses for passing all 4 CPA exams within the first two years of hire.