KPMG Audit Graduate Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Graduate Trainee Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Graduate Trainee Interview

Interview

I did not pass the stage of the test, after writing the test and submitting it actually wrote not successful on the system. I was told to prepare GMAT but at the centre the brought current affairs

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Graduate Trainee - Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

Online application form: relatively easy and straightforward, asked for minimal details

Situational Judgment Test: relatively easy in my opinion

Aptitude tests:

1. Verbal Reasoning: not as easy as those used by other audit firms. Not too difficult either in my opinion. 20 minute time limit.

2. Numerical Reasoning: notoriously difficult. I do not think that they intend for you to answer all the questions accurately because there is just not enough time for that. I completed 14 of the 20 questions as best as I could and spent the last 10 seconds selecting option A for for the rest of the questions. I cannot recall what the time limit was but it was probably 20 minutes.

Digital submission: this is a 90 second audio recording which you will have to submit in three days.

Launchpad Assessment day

IMPORTANT NOTE: HUMAN RESOURCE CAN BE REALLY INEFFICIENT. Be very careful if you are applying to the Manchester office.

They ignored my application for 3 weeks after I completed the aptitude tests within the deadlines and withdrew my application by mistake. After I explained that I should not be penalised for their miscommunication, they invited me to complete a digital submission. I did this within the 3 day time limit. They then informed me that there were no more assessment centre places. I lost out because of some technical or human error that caused them to ignore my application for 3 weeks, withdraw it by mistake, reinstate it, put my through the digital submission and then inform me that places were filled.

If I could go back in time I would have sent follow-up emails more frequently instead of waiting the 2 weeks before contacting them. Then again, if I could go back in time I wouldn't waste my time applying to KPMG.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this role
      Why KPMG   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

A 45 minute competency based telephone interview. It took a long time to book the actual interview as it was a busy period. I was notified to be put on the waiting list for a telephone interview after completing the screening tests. Took around 3-4 weeks before I got an invitation to book, however, there were no slots on the system and I had to contact them instead.

The interviewer was from HR. Nice, but sounded very automated in how they responded. I also found it very difficult to understand their accent, especially with a very muffled microphone sound.

The process of the interview was basically them stating a key competency and then asking various types of questions (situational judgement, business awareness, past experiences, career motivation) to see how you demonstrate that skill. There were long pauses between questions where you could hear typing.

Was not successful but was provided with details on their system.

Interview Questions

• They described a scenario about working on a project with 4 other team members and that it was 3 years in the process, required lots of checking with the manager and I was simply asked 'how I would deal with it'.   Answer Question

Audit Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in March 2016.

Interview

I first wrote an attitude test, after which I was invited to take an online Business Awareness Test. Then I was invited for Assessment Centre in Lagos. I passed the Assessment Centre, and was invited for a Partner's Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Why do you want to work in KPMG?
      Why Audit?   Answer Question

Audit Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in July 2014.

Interview

The first step is the online application (you will be asked to attach credentials). then GMAT based aptitude test (which comprise numerical, verbal and logical reasoning) and essay writing (i wrote on why i want to work at KPMG). Then you will be called to fill an application form and submit credentials. the next stage is an assessment centre comprising group work where we had to solve a puzzle, panel interview and critical reasoning test( also called diagrammatic/abstract test). finally, an interview with a partner,then one is bench marked against other successful candidates and a decision will be made whether to give offer to the candidate or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were in a situation of conflict and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you worked under pressure   Answer Question

Negotiation

Its an entry level role, so no negotiation.