KPMG Audit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Edison, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a basic 30 minute interview through Campus Recruiting. The guy was very nice, asked some good questions and was over all friendly. Basic questions about myself and my resume, but overall they were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Was offered a first on-campus interview through campus recruiting with a KPMG campus recruiting manager. This first interview was only 30 minutes and strictly behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Was asked a few questions in regards to my resume, wrapped up the interview and was told I would hear back within a week. The same night I received the email inviting me to their second round interviews, or "Inside Look Program." The Inside Look Program was a 2 day event, with the first night being a dinner and networking event at different restaurants in the city, and the second day being a full day at the Chicago office. Presentations, ice breaker activities, lunch, and two 45-minute one-on-one interviews comprised the second day. The interviews were with a Partner and a Senior Manager. My interview with the Senior Manager consisted of going over my resume for 10 minutes, and then her opening it up to my questions for the next 35 minutes. Interview with the Partner was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you when you had to make an unfavorable decision and how did you go about executing the decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

For the summer internship for college students, there was first a 1:1 interview on your college campus, most likely through the Career and Job Center. This was with a manager, senior manager, or more rarely, a partner.

If you made it past the 1st round, then you were invited to do in-house interviews, which consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, with managers, senior managers, directors, and/or partners. You were also taken out to lunch or dinner (depending on the time of your visit) with fellow interviewees and senior associates or 2nd/3rd year associates.

Generally, there are no technical questions. Just behavioral. Though maybe you will get an oddball interviewer and get asked how to account for revenue recognition or something basic like that.

Around the 2 interview days there would also be 1-3 firm social/networking events that you should try to attend to meet other employees and get a sense for the people at the company, what they like about the company, and what they don't like (though they are more hesitant to reveal the latter). Throughout all of the interaction processes, make sure you are consciously presenting yourself in a way that would want the company to hire you... friendly, smart, diligent worker.

Interview Questions

• What are signs/examples that a company can misstate an account?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate, though I'm sure it's possible for full time hires. (not sure about internship negotiations)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was taken place at some big career forum which had been held for 3 days. I walked-in their booth and gave my resume. They told me to come back for an interview and I took it. It was 1:1 interview. I didn't make it to the next interview, but they would offer at least two more interviews during the career forum.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The first interview was at my university with a campus recruiter. It was a 30min conversation. Behavioral type of questions: Tell me about the situation when you did more than your team expected from you; tell me about how you had to say something unpleasant to your coworker or criticize him/her; how do you stay organized; Why did you decide on accounting program in this University; in a team do you prefer to be a leader or not; would you prefer to be a member of a winning team or a leader of losing team….
    Then there was an office visit/interview with a couple of presentations. The office visit included two 45min. interviews. Both interviews, with a partner and a manager, test your professional interest in accounting industry. interviewers asked about the previous internship experience, about my duties/responsibilities, how I helped to improve something, what I've learned, what kind of software I used.... It really helps to have some good questions to ask your interviewrs. I asked about some of the current industry trends and new developments ( I read about them beforehand)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn during your previous internship that could help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question
    • What sets our company apart from our competitors, besides our employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly rate - not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied through my campus career services. I had an on-campus interview with an HR person, and it was purely behavioral with just going through your resume. As long as you know your resume, you will be fine. Also have some questions prepared before hand so it shows that you are proactive. The second round interview was with a partner and it was exactly the same thing. It was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to take a leadership position in a team environment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview was behavioral. Because all the questions that they ask are posted online already, therefore it is difficult to make an impression (everybody has similar leadership experiences and group working experience). What is important is to build a connection with a senior manager/someone from the upper management in the company, and to let the hiring managers know you personally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you're in a group project and encounters some problems. How did you solve it using your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The office visit is composed of two interviews- one with a partner and one with a senior manager. It is not a normal office visit for internship candidates since it is for summer interns and only few students are considered.The interview with the senior manager was very laid back, no behavioral questions. The one with the partner was a little stressful. He asked about my current accouting internship and why I did not apply BDO( I interned there last summer). I think the BDO question screwed me up since I did not give a convincing answer!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had the initial interview with KPMG during the campus recruiting, after around one month, got email from my recruiter saying that the chicago office just accepted my referral and will invited me to the second round interview.

The interview is relatively easy, no tough questions at all, all the questions the interviewer asked are basic question about your background, your experience, why audit, why chicago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT).

Interview

When to a really lame and boring preinterview social and did the on campus interview. Two interviewers each 30 mins. One was a recruiter and the other one was a manager. No accounting questions just some behavioral question, very conversational.