KPMG Audit Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I got the on-campus interview through a referral from one of my accounting teachers. The interview went well and wasn't too challenging if you're prepared. The HR recruiter was pretty laid back and asked me pretty basic questions, like to explain my experiences from my resume and to explain a bad group experience. A few days later she called and asked me to go to second-round interviews at the firm, and I accepted. The first thing they had us do was check in at the hotel they provided all interviewees, and attend a dinner with their employees to get to know them. The next morning we were to drive to their firm where we were given a full day of activities. First was breakfast and then a panel put on by 3 partners, giving us more information about KPMG. Next were a couple more 30-minute interviews with a manager and a partner. Again the interviews weren't too challenging, they just seemed to ask questions based of my resume. Once that was complete we were given a tour of the building, then were paired with another interviewee and went out to lunch with a couple staff associates. The last event of the day was a quick recap on the firm.

Interview Questions

• You will be doing a lot of group work as an auditor, so please explain a time when you were faced with a difficult team project and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied to KPMG through the college career connection site, then was offered the first round of interview. The interview as with the recruiter from HR department and was mostly bahaviour. It was very casual and was more like a conversation than an interview. I've waited about a week and a half, then got called in for on-site interview. The visiting day at the office was wonderful. The interview was with the Audit Senior Manager. Once again, the interview was very casual and mostly behaviour. I waited about 2 weeks and got a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had to deal with my weakness in a group setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The first round interview was at the school career center, and after two days, the HR called and informed me of the second round interview, which was in New York.
    The second round interview was from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and they had presentation, group projects, and a "speed recruiting" event.
    The people there were really really nice, and I really love talking with them.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2008.

Interview

I first communicated with KPMG during recruitment activities they hosted at our school. At a career fair and on the school's recruiting website, I submitted my resume and applied for an interview. I was part of a group selected for the first round of interviews on campus. For the first interview we met one on one with a partner from the office we were applying for. The questions asked were based on experience and certain situations we had been in.

I was asked back for the second round of interviews, which were on location. The evening before the interview there was a dinner for the second round of interviewers and employees from our respected school. If we were coming from out of town, we had the option to stay at a hotel. The interview process the next day included information sessions about the company and different areas, a Q&A session with partners then recent interns, we went to lunch with the new hires and recent interns to further question them and get to know them, and we finally had 2 separate interviews with different partners than we had met with before. There we were asked more experience questions and why we wanted to work for the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were in a difficult group situation? What did you do? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was chosen to participate in their summer leadership program in the summer after my sophomore year. In the following fall, I applied for on campus interviews and was selected. I was interviewed by a Senior Audit Manager and attended a pre-interview social. I was then chosen to move on to second round interviews. KPMG is different than the other Big 4 members since they do their second round interviews on campus. A partner came to interview me on campus. The interview was very laid back. All they wanted to know was if you would be a good fit in their office. They are not looking for super smart accountants, just people with personalities and that they wouldn't mind being around every day. A few weeks after my second round interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in accounting and why do you want to pursue a career in this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Contacted KPMG through our campus career services. I had an initial interview on campus with a very friendly recruiter. Second interview was in-house with the first part consisting of a group activity where you are tested on how well you work in groups. The second part consisted of two laid back one-on-one interviews with a manager and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were in a difficult group dynamic. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The contract is usually non-negotiable. I would make sure you know what is expected of a first-year accounting professional. I would definitely talk to any friends or family who have done the job for a few years because they will tell you what the job is really like.

Audit Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview

Met Head Recruiter at the Career Fair on Campus. Attended all the KPMG presentations and information sessions held on-campus. kept talking to people. kept in touch with the head recruiter via email.
    Had an amazing experience with all the people from KPMG. Extremely wonderful, happy chilled out, fun people. Gave me a good feeling about the company and positive feeling about the healthy work culture.

Application

Interview

Before the day of the interview KPMG hosted a social and the students at my college got to meet our interviewer for the next day and a senior associate. It was pretty laid back and we all had the opportunity to talk to the staff.

The interview itself was laid back and fairly brief, only lasting 20 minutes or so. All the questions were behavioral, but none were pointed or that challenging.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you were presented with an ethics issue, how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • What is the most recent thing you have done to develop your career?   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2008.

Interview

I was introduced to KPMG through the accounting program I am in at my university. We had pre-interviews (which were not really interviews more of just like a conversation, they just talked about why interested in accounting, etc.) Then we went to numerous recruiting events put on by the different accounting firms. After we had an office visit which is about a two day process. The night before you go to dinner and the next day is the actual interview. My interview during the office visit again wasn't a real interview because they pretty much wanted everyone who was in the program at our university. I met with two separate partners and the second gave me my offer. This obviously will not be the case for everyone because of the accounting program at my school. If you are interviewing after applying on your own I am sure the interview process is really challenging and they will ask challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (this was for an internship, not full-time or experienced)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied through the on-campus recruiting process at my University. The night before the interview, all the people interviewing from my college had a networking social at a local restaurant; this was very casual and gave the the opportunity to talk to professionals from many different departments. I had the first-round interview on campus with a senior manager, who was friendly and relaxed; the questions were all behavioral and TMAAT. I got a call the next day to tell me that I made it to the second round, Inside Look. This was the office visit; we saw about 2 hours worth of presentations on the firm and then had a networking lunch with some professionals. People had interviews during lunch, and I had a 30-minute interview with a partner, which was very similar to the first interview. I wasn't selected for the internship, but the experience was very positive and everyone at KPMG was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a problem working in a team, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question