KPMG Audit Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview was through my college. 15 candidates narrowed down to 3. Second round interviews were the office visit. About 30 audit candidates for different seasons and some full time. Happy hour with the whole office was an hour. Followed by dinner with a partner and senior manager. The next day were in office interviews and the visit. You interview with a different partner and a different manager. There were NO behavioral questions, not one through the entire process. They are fitting the personalities, and just asked questions to get to know you better.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall the process was very positive, everyone is super nice. I applied on campus and my first interview was on campus as well. It included standard behavioral questions and some resume based questions. Then there was a second round of interviews, one with a partner and one with a manager. These were more conversational, however, there were some behavioral questions asked by a manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict with a client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for KPMG's audit internship through my college's career website. The process took between 2-3 weeks. I interviewed with a manger.The interview was about 30 minutes long and was very conversational. I was only asked 3-4 behavior interview questions. I was presented with an offer after first round interviews, they bypassed second round interviews for a number of intern and associate candidates. The interview was very easy, it's the nervousness that makes it seem difficult for most college students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How do you receive constructive criticism? How do you balance work, college, and life? Why did you choose Audit/Accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You do not negotiate as an intern.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It was a campus interview. Type: 1:1 Time: 30 mins Most of questions were behavior questions. The interviewer asked me questions for 25 mins, and then she asked me if I have any question want to ask. Getting result next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very nice. I was nervous as it was my first interview. The interviewer was fairly easy to talk to. There were a few behavioral questions but it was mostly conversational. Be yourself but also be prepared to present the best parts of yourself to the interviewer. Good Luck!

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through an on-campus recruiting program. Everyone was incredibly friendly and the interview was mostly behavioral questions. They mostly just want to get a feel of whether or not you are a good fit for the company's culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was not enjoyable as it did not feel like a conversation. Throughout the interview, the interviewer tried so hard not to fall asleep as she kept drinking her coffee and tried not to have her eyes closed. I felt like the interviewer did not even pay attention to what I'm talking about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you face an ethical dilemma and how you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first round interview was in-person. It did not go well. The office was locked with no one watching the door. I was told I would be greeted when I arrived but there was no one was there. There was a woman standing in the middle of the office, who I could see behind the glass doors. I waved to her and she didn't bother to open the doors for me. When I got inside the office I asked her if she was my greeter. She was exceptionally rude to me and didn't assist me at all. Once I finally met my interviewer I believe I answered his questions quite well. However, he didn't like my answers and he repeated his questions to me. They were all very vague, open-ended behavioral questions about how I work in a team. At one point he mentioned community service and I used it as a segway to show my research of the firm. I asked him if he had any involvement in a community outreach program specific to KPMG (and prominently displayed on the company's homepage). He immediately said, "No. Have you?" That was puzzling. He obviously had no idea what I was talking about. My "host" for the day did nothing in the way of prepping me for my interview process or sharing anything of merit with me about the company. She spent a good amount of time complaining to me about how she doesn't get to see her family for Thanksgiving. It was awkward although I maintained a high level of professionalism all around. KPMG is a big name firm but that experience was very disheartening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with difficult people and how you were able to make the situation work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Athens, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on university recruitment website and was invited to a pre interview night and interview on campus. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and a few administrative questions. Received an email a week later of the decline of a second interview due to my GPA. Do NOT apply if you have below the requirement even if they tell you it doesn't matter - this happened to me and i was .05 below the requirement, went to the interview and got denied even though they told me it wasnt a problem. I would not recommend them to someone.

Interview Questions

• Why audit over tax? Questions about teams; tell me about a time you failed in a team? led a team? etc. What made you go into accounting? Which location is your first preferred ? Short term and long term goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions mostly. It was not that bad at all. He is a partner but he doesn't act arrogantly. You'll be fine! Know your resume really well. I thought i did it badly but eventually i got an offer.