KPMG Audit Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Audit Trainee Interview Questions

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2015.

Interview

I only take the competency exam and get the offer, and I applied through employee referral. Maybe internship program for KPMG Hong Kong office does not require an interview.
Competency exam mainly tests on common sense and basic mathematics. It should be fairly easy, and the process was quite relaxing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of about 2hrs waiting time prior to its commencement. It was conducted by a panel of four beautiful ladies, one Ghanaian and the other three Nigerian. You are made to sit at a considerable distance from the panel table on a chair place in a centralized position. In the room the strategic position of the chair ensures that they observe your walking style and that they get a good look at your oufit and your appearance when you are walking into and out of the room.

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in September 2014.

Interview

Process starts when you apply online at KPMG's website. After you have filled the form, a person will call you from HR for your interview schedule. Some candidates are interviewed by Managers and some by Partners. My interview took place with partner. Those who are interviewed by managers are then interviewed by partners, if they qualify the first interview.

I don't have any experience with managers but partners generally ask questions about yourself.
    Examples: Tell me about yourself. Why did you took so many attempts to pass etc.

Interview duration: 5 minutes

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewer lead. The interview was mostly interviewer lead. However, the interview has three main parts. The first is a problem solving test involving critical reasoning. Then followed by a short presentation about any random topic that you will be given. Then followed by a group task that aims to test your team work skills. Finally comes the panel/1:1 interview.

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. numerical, verbal and english online test sent to my e-amil address
    2. phone interview about my schedule and interest in position
    3. AC (group excercise + personal interview with HR and Senior Managers)

Interview Questions

• mostly about personal interests and my CV (studies, former work experience etc.)
      +Accruals, net book value of fixed assets   Answer Question

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Tirana (Albania)) in December 2013.

Interview

I first contacted the company human resources team and sent an updated version of my resume. The email communication followed, with the team expressing their interest in advancing my application further. I was advised to complete the application form, which could be found online at the company website. It asked for personal details, specifying position, and career development questions. I was successful and I was invited to a test based in accounting, logical reasoning, English as a foreign language and personality test. Passing this stage also I was invited to an interview with a Manager of the Department to which I applied and finally a partner interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a complex project that you have been recently involved with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer without negotiation.

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in November 2012.

Interview

- Test (Accounting, English, Logical, Behavioral questions)
    - Interview with manager (mostly behavioral questions with some technical ones)
    - Interview with partner (behavioral questions)

Audit Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

test
    interview with psychologist
    interview with partner

Interview Questions

they were unprofessional and rude

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in March 2012.

Interview

You have to be confident , dont panic
    be prepared for getting it tougher and tougher
    finally be prepared i mean review your syllabus.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join us?
      (every one has the same answer that your are the best but thats not what they want to hear something exceptional can make you different from other candidates.)   Answer Question

Audit Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)) in December 2011.

Interview

KPMG TH hires trainees two times i a year, this trend my vary depending on the needs of the firm. The first step is to submit an online application, which assesses your qualification, experience, nationality and several other criterias,
    As a second step the candidate is invited in the firm for an aptitude test, the aptitude test consisits of 3 to 4 parts which includes English, Audit, Financial Reporting and IQ based questions, Minimum passing criteria is to achieve at least 55 to 60 % marks.
    As a third step the candidates are called for an interview with the manager, The interview starts in a cosy way like tell me about your self, why do you want to join this firm, what are your future plans. Than a roud starts for technical questions, they basically consist of financial reporting standards and auditing standards.
    If succesful than the candidate is called for an interview with the partner, partner interview can vary they sometimes just ask your background, aims etc, technical questions are rarely asked.
    If a candidate is selected he is informed by a phone call and email.
    The salary is basically a stipend which is fixed by Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan. (ICAP)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding IAS 39 are not asked in accordance with the book content they are asked through examples so one should be always careful while answering them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed salary bands no negotiation