KPMG Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I go to a small college that KPMG does not normally recruit from. A coworker sent my resume to their friend at KPMG, who forwarded it to the campus recruiter. Then applied online and had a phone interview about 2 weeks later.

One week after that, had 2 interviews with a partner and a manager. Each one lasted about half an hour. Received a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed at something.
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Networked with KPMG campus recruiter at a career fair at the University of Vermont and later received a call to set up an interview. The call wasn't very difficult, not a lot of situational analysis questions i.e. what would you do if...

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with campus recruitment. But could not proceed due to sponsorship freeze for this position.Pursued after a year and got an opportunity for office visit. Very enthusiastic and friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type and past experience. Tell me about a situation where you had to work with a difficult team member. How would you manager describe you? Some technical questions based on my previous audit experience. Tell me about revenue process risks and control (be specific about system controls, not the manual ones.)   Answer Question

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I have a back to back interview process with 3 interviewers. The first one is a senior manager, and the second and third are both partners. They did not really ask me any technical or behavioral questions. We just basically went through a bit of my resume and then mostly they led the talk about the team and the firm. It was a pleasant talk with all of them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very structured interview process: online application through school career website, 1 round of campus interview, and then one day of interviews and inside looks onsite. I got to learn a lot more about the firm and the team during the onsite interview. The whole day was very well-planned. All of the interviewers were very friendly and helpful as well.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Dinner at a fancy restaurant in the city where you chat with interns, first year people, and graduates from the school. Typically, the person who will be interviewing you will be at the dinner. Mine was not. Then they held interviews at the college all next day.

Interview Questions

• Given 5 days and a small group of new people to work with to develop a new project, name a social event and a technical event you would hold to bring the team together in terms of chemistry and skill.   Answer Question

Tax Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

A phone call was scheduled with an HR member over email and talked for about 30 minutes on the phone. They asked a few questions. Pretty standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be an animal, what animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. The process took 4+ weeks. First round interview was with a partner on campus and the second round interview was with two senior managers in their office. All of the interviews were very casual and straightforward. The recruiters and staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavior questions. More of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Discover Summer Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was around 30 minutes. The longer the interview, the better it was. I typically like it when my interviewer talks more than I do because it makes them more engaged. I interjected here and there to make sure my personality was being shown, but other than that the interviewer was telling me about KPMG.

Interview Questions

• Q: Asked questions about my resume and how that peaked my interest in my major   Answer Question

Discover Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Short 30 minute behavioral interview.. very easy. Interviewer was very friendly and personable. Most of the conversation was about the college we both went to. There is very little to prepare for the interview - they just want to see if you're someone they'd want to work with.