KPMG Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

3.1

Strategy Consulting MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied off-campus for a summer internship from a part-time MBA program, but during the same timeline as the standard MBA internship recruiting cycle. They have several former part-time MBAs as consultants and had a nice process for us to get access to the firm. Apps were due in mid December and we got Interview invites in early- to mid-January. First round was in their Chicago office (part-time students can't utilize on-campus intern recruiting--school rule) and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews. Each interview involved maybe 10-15 minutes of behavioral/fit, and then a case. It was fairly straightforward. The cases weren't too hard and the interviewers were both very nice, although one of them started off pretty stern/serious before warming up near the end. I felt I did well and was surprised not to be invited back for Round 2. I talked to a few others who had the same experience. I spent a good amount of time networking and meeting consultants in the firm in the months leading up to the interview--almost everyone I met was extremely nice, helpful, and down-to-earth. I'd highly recommend KPMG Strategy and I will definitely be applying for a full-time position in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral and case questions--be able to discuss every bullet on your resume in deep detail.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (DeKalb, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Pre-interview reception the night before was like a high-school kegger, Loud and crowded lots of shouting and struggling to hear what should have been normal conversation. The day of on-campus interviews the greeters were friendly and relaxing, told me "you know you're having a good interview if its just a conversation and not a lot of work questions." Then the interviewer proceeded to ask me a lot of work related questions. I felt I answered them fairly well but the interviewer's tone seemed to suggest that I would not be getting a second interview. When I poked my head into the greeter's room to say thanks the HR associate told me it was nice to have met me, despite my introducing myself to her the night before, which confirmed my feeling that I would not be getting a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How have your group projects at school gone? Tell me about a time you advocated for a customer. Tell me something you accomplished that you're proud of.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter interview followed by personnel interview, both by telephone followed by two in person.
    Relatively friendly but intense with a few moments of terror interspersed with relief.
    It wasn't the hardest to deal with but was not the easiest either.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me and ask my background. Then i got another interview. It was telephone. A bit of technical and on my past projects. The person asked me to forward my project sample code if i have and i did email to him. Before hanging up the phone he told you definitely going to hear from us. I waited for 9 days then i follow up through email. Its past 1 and half month and i have not heard back form them. I dont mind if i dont got selected but atleast show some professionalism and courtesy to notify whatever it is.

Interview Questions

• mostly resume based. Past projects. How you did and what are your responsibility.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was screened by a recruiter and then asked to interview in person with a senior manager in the company's business process group. The interview was scheduled by a coordinator on the recruiter/hiring managers' behalf. I met with the manager and a potential peer/mentor in person in the company's local office.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very typical, in my opinion. 'Tell me about yourself...' I was asked to describe my approach communicating with stakeholders, how do you set priorities etc. Among others, what is your biggest accomplishment professionally?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in-person interview where I met with 3 interviewers back-to-back. The entire process still managed to span three months, where I eventually learned that I was the top candidate but that they decided to hire from within. They said if there were two positions, I would have the other....to reach out to the recruiter should I find another position of interest.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, can't recall specific.   1 Answer

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position and was called in a few days later for an on campus interview. There was a dinner the night before and everyone was very friendly and outgoing. The next morning I had the interview and got the chance to talk with an EVS manager. I was mainly asked some general behavioral questions and a technical question about a company valuation I have done in the past since I brought it up and how I approached my valuation.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF analysis you have done in the past
      Walk me through your resume
      What do you like to do in your free time
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job board and their webpage. I heard back from them about a week after I applied that I have a campus interview. But they only told the ones who got accepted the evening of the interview. I found out I didn't get into the second round from a friend who got in.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview.
    one behavioural - walk through the resume
    one technical - based on your skill set

One onsite interview with presentation on a technical topic of your choice and three interviewers.
    Both technical and behavioural and one case study.

Procurement Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

1. phone interview with local HR; 2. first round with a manager in the service line; 3. on-site interview