KPMG Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1. screener with hr team member from South Africa 2. hiring manager phone call 3. phone call with director of department. No opportunity to interview in person.
    Everyone I spoke to was fairly unfriendly and not conversational by any means. It was a bit uncomfortable at times as the interviewers seemed unprepared and not interested in learning anything about me outside of what was already on my resume. One hiring manager was yawning quite continuously, another did not have questions ready nor responded to anything I said so there were long pauses. I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview, felt I was on my game and very qualified for the role so it was a disappointing process. Waited about a month to hear back and was only given feedback that they were not continuing with me once I had reached out.

Meetings & Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview. It was only about ten minutes long. She was very nice and basically just wanted to get to know you and your personality better. If you through basic interview preparation for an internship you should be fine!

Interview Questions

• Give me three words to describe yourself   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to KPMG with my campus recruiter, and was then referred to the Chicago office. I flew up to the office and interviewed in March 2017. I began recruiting with KPMG in September 2015.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell someone a difficult decision.   2 Answers

Associate (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got an interview about 10 days later. I had a 30 minute face-to-face interview with the manager, who told me more about the company and the role. She then asked me a little about my background, specific experiences, what I'm looking for, then allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted. It was very quick and casual, but also professional and informative. I got offered the job later that day!

Interview Questions

• Just questions about my background experience and expectations   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interviewing, on campus then office visit. Interview was mostly conversational. You have 2 30 minute interviews with different higher up people. Both were senior directors but a partner may take interviews. Second round interviews are very relaxed. If you make it to the second round, they obviously recognize your talent, so be relaxed.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions and conversations about your resume. Name a time you had to convince someone you were right.   1 Answer

Strategy Consulting MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied off-campus for a summer internship from a part-time MBA program, but during the same timeline as the standard MBA internship recruiting cycle. They have several former part-time MBAs as consultants and had a nice process for us to get access to the firm. Apps were due in mid December and we got Interview invites in early- to mid-January. First round was in their Chicago office (part-time students can't utilize on-campus intern recruiting--school rule) and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews. Each interview involved maybe 10-15 minutes of behavioral/fit, and then a case. It was fairly straightforward. The cases weren't too hard and the interviewers were both very nice, although one of them started off pretty stern/serious before warming up near the end. I felt I did well and was surprised not to be invited back for Round 2. I talked to a few others who had the same experience. I spent a good amount of time networking and meeting consultants in the firm in the months leading up to the interview--almost everyone I met was extremely nice, helpful, and down-to-earth. I'd highly recommend KPMG Strategy and I will definitely be applying for a full-time position in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral and case questions--be able to discuss every bullet on your resume in deep detail.   1 Answer

Global Advantage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall the process felt very casual and natural. It started off with an on campus interview with a manager. All questions were behavioral and common for a second year student. They notified me that day I was invited to the local leadership conference. About a month or two later they invited me to do an office tour and interview for the Global advantage program. That was at the office where they did an office tour and two different Partners interviewed me. Once again, behavioral questions nothing too hard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview on campus then was invited to the 2 day Inside Look Program. This consisted of 2 30 minute interviews with a Partner or Managing Director

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was a past summer intern, and got referred for an associate position through a recruiter. The entire interview process happened fairly fast, I was scheduled for a first round interview around 5-6 days after applying and was asked to come in for an office interview about 10 days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in a classroom or workforce experience and how did you learn from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very competitive offer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (DeKalb, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Pre-interview reception the night before was like a high-school kegger, Loud and crowded lots of shouting and struggling to hear what should have been normal conversation. The day of on-campus interviews the greeters were friendly and relaxing, told me "you know you're having a good interview if its just a conversation and not a lot of work questions." Then the interviewer proceeded to ask me a lot of work related questions. I felt I answered them fairly well but the interviewer's tone seemed to suggest that I would not be getting a second interview. When I poked my head into the greeter's room to say thanks the HR associate told me it was nice to have met me, despite my introducing myself to her the night before, which confirmed my feeling that I would not be getting a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How have your group projects at school gone? Tell me about a time you advocated for a customer. Tell me something you accomplished that you're proud of.   Answer Question