KPMG Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and HR contacted me and ask my background. Then i got another interview. It was telephone. A bit of technical and on my past projects. The person asked me to forward my project sample code if i have and i did email to him. Before hanging up the phone he told you definitely going to hear from us. I waited for 9 days then i follow up through email. Its past 1 and half month and i have not heard back form them. I dont mind if i dont got selected but atleast show some professionalism and courtesy to notify whatever it is.

Interview Questions

• mostly resume based. Past projects. How you did and what are your responsibility.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2007.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter and was invited for Inside Look. Inside Look is a cattle call with a few people interviewing for a full time position mixed in with a bunch of young kids begging for internships. You do stupid exercises where they blindfold you and make people work as a team, etc. One on one interviews with two managers in the practice group I interviewed with who spent most of the time talking about themselves. Amazingly easy process which raised red flags I should have taken note of. This explains how so many less than stellar people get into the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received a low ball offer and immediately countered. Settled for less than I wanted. Don't take first offer!

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Fairly easy, only behavior questions

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted what they gave.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, behavioral questions. Asking educational backgrounds--school year, major, courses I've taken. Then asked about corporate finance concepts like CAPM, WACC, multiples, all the basic stuff that I learned in corporate finance class. Then they asked about accounting stuff like income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and how to make sense of all of them

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews followed by an in-person interview in the office. Mostly fit and interest questions as I had solid credentials. Had two informational interviews before actual interview. They did their best to find the right role for me

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I had 5 1:1 interviews (2 with partners and 3 with managers) and went to lunch with an associate and a manager. The interview was completely behavioral. Be able to explain your past experiences well. Prior valuations experience, though not a must, is also important.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you and your manager had a difference of opinion on a matter and tell me how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Forensics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

My initial communications with the company started from my correspondence with a Senior Audit Assurance. I found her information on my university alumni website. She was very nice and very helpful, and we were corresponding to each other just like we were friends. Then, after some time, she gave me contact information of her friends and collegues who were working in other companies and in KPMG Forensics. Other than this, I was invited to a KPMG social event (it was an invitation-only event) and had a chance to talk to the campus head recruiter, who was also very nice.

When I received an invitation for an on-campus interview for KPMG Forensics, I found that I could not make it due to an office visit for another company, so the campus head recruiter was so kind as to arrange a phone interview for me with a Forensics manager. Of course the manager asked me why I could not come to the on-campus interview and asked which company I had the office visit for. To be honest, I feel that there was at least a little bit of tension when he asked me that question. Anyway, the interview consisted of behavioral questions that focused on teamwork and leadership skills. in the end, the manager also asked me what else I wanted him to know about me. Overall, I thought the manager was pretty nice, although he was rushing to another meeting at the end of the interview.

I feel that face-to-face interviews are better and more effective than phone interviews, at least for the Big Four accounting firms. Also, I feel that I should not have conducted the interview over the phone, although I did not know what else I could do as I had to be in my office visit for another company on the day of the KPMG on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one weekend your manager called you and told you to be on a plane to a place where you would have another project to work on?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

Met the HR recruiting team at the campus career fair and was called back for a second round of interviews on campus. The second of round of interviews consists of talking to HR and a manger from your prospective group. The third round of interviews is on site at the KPMG office and is a formality - don't screw up and you have a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed