KPMG Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Long process, have not finished yet. They do not follow up, you need to write them and see what is happening. They hire people only if there are projects available.

Interview Questions

• 3 phone interviews: walk them through your resume.
      2 behavioral interviews: Why KPMG?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one in-person interview where I met with 3 interviewers back-to-back. The entire process still managed to span three months, where I eventually learned that I was the top candidate but that they decided to hire from within. They said if there were two positions, I would have the other....to reach out to the recruiter should I find another position of interest.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, can't recall specific.   1 Answer

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position and was called in a few days later for an on campus interview. There was a dinner the night before and everyone was very friendly and outgoing. The next morning I had the interview and got the chance to talk with an EVS manager. I was mainly asked some general behavioral questions and a technical question about a company valuation I have done in the past since I brought it up and how I approached my valuation.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF analysis you have done in the past
      Walk me through your resume
      What do you like to do in your free time
      Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

there was a couple phone interviews and an in person interview. It lasted about 4 hours and included a 20 minute presentation and 3 45-minutes. There was a couple technical tests and a conceptual coding challenge

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time if you are given 12 weeks to complete a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus job board and their webpage. I heard back from them about a week after I applied that I have a campus interview. But they only told the ones who got accepted the evening of the interview. I found out I didn't get into the second round from a friend who got in.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview.
    one behavioural - walk through the resume
    one technical - based on your skill set

One onsite interview with presentation on a technical topic of your choice and three interviewers.
    Both technical and behavioural and one case study.

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted what they gave.

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus site, got the first interview. Was strictly behavioral, really more like a conversation. In a week or so got a call from the interviewer asking me to go for a super day. It was great--a meal at Trump Tower, and awesome hotel accommodations. Got a tour of the place, got to network, etc. 2 Interviews the next day. Both also behavioral, they didn't expect much knowledge of TP. Ended up with me asking more questions than them. Got the internship offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just straight up here is your offer. No negotiating

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

1st round: on campus interview with one interviewer
    2st round: on site interview with two interviewers. During this process, we will have lunch with one associate. There will be a group discussion with several managers and MDs.

Procurement Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

1. phone interview with local HR; 2. first round with a manager in the service line; 3. on-site interview