KPMG Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

2 phone interview.
    one behavioural - walk through the resume
    one technical - based on your skill set

One onsite interview with presentation on a technical topic of your choice and three interviewers.
    Both technical and behavioural and one case study.

EVS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted what they gave.

Transfer Pricing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus site, got the first interview. Was strictly behavioral, really more like a conversation. In a week or so got a call from the interviewer asking me to go for a super day. It was great--a meal at Trump Tower, and awesome hotel accommodations. Got a tour of the place, got to network, etc. 2 Interviews the next day. Both also behavioral, they didn't expect much knowledge of TP. Ended up with me asking more questions than them. Got the internship offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just straight up here is your offer. No negotiating

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

1st round: on campus interview with one interviewer
    2st round: on site interview with two interviewers. During this process, we will have lunch with one associate. There will be a group discussion with several managers and MDs.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Risk -IT advisory
    The interview was with a Director and manager. The people were very nice and the team was excited to make me a part of the team. The HR manager had no idea how to handle an H1B visa and goofed up the process. It's good things dud not go further though I was desperate to get a job with them. The IT audit area can get boring.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of an IT audit?   1 Answer

Procurement Advisory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

1. phone interview with local HR; 2. first round with a manager in the service line; 3. on-site interview

Evs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2015. About 45 min long. Firstly he introduced himself briefly and then asked me if I know the difference between external audit and internal audit. Also he gave me some advice on my career path. It was a great interview experience.

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through university career website. Had a first round interview with a tax partner. He was really nice and laid-back. There was a pre-night reception before the actual interview at a local restaurant. The interview process was very relaxing. Now, I am doing my research for my second round interview. One advice is be confident, be yourself and know what you are talking about!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to make an ethical decision.   Answer Question

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview took only 30 minutes. The senior manager I interviewed with was quite personable, and the recruiter from our school was and has been quite helpful throughout. I was declined for a second interview, heard in a week.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about the other big 4?

I found this question strange. He did say that he only asked because he doesn't know anything about the others.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with multiple people. They didn't mention that in the initial phone interview. Not much to say about it. Dress professionally. Very important. More casual than most and spoke freely.