KPMG Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

136 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview was for Enterprise Architect , my vendor submitted for this position and after couple days i have interview date and timings. I got call at the interview time and the interviewer started asking about my past experience and started asking these questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) The Projects i worked
    2) Federation Indentity Software
    9) Vendor Software Integration
    10) MSMQ and MQ   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New Delhi, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at KPMG India. The interview was smooth as there was initial phone screen followed by 3 face to face interviews. Phone screen was kind of general where HR wanted to know your interest in the company and the basic questions about FDD.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Interview

They invited me to dinner. It was a very relaxed and casual environment. Important to stay professional, but it is more of a character and "good fit" evaluation than anything. If you can make the right person like you during that meet and greet, the interview is more of a formality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Nice ppl, great location, great benefits. Usually they will have a 3 round interview processes, but this time they skip it and bring me directly to the on site final round.

Through the talking, I get the feeling that they really need to work their butt off. And they do not care so much about the CPA or CFA those things, but they focus on more about GPA. Maybe it's just me.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KPMG.in July 2014.

There are four stages to apply for this role:
    1. Online Application
    2. Telephone Interview
    3. Panel Interview
    4. Panel Interview with Manager you will report in to.

The online application is straightforward. Exhibit a keen interest in KPMG, Financial Markets and Sales.

The telephone interview tests your interests of the aforementioned topics and see you can hold a conversation over the telephone. They fire questions in an attempt to make you uncomfortable to test your ability to maintain composure. They ask fundamental technical questions here.

The Panel interview is with someone form Sales and another from Analytics. They test your technical knowledge here and explore where your strengths/weaknesses lie. They then focus their attention on the answers that you give and drill deeper to identify your expertise on the subject. A sound understanding of financial instruments is an advantage.

I made it to the third stage and missed out.

A note before hand check how do you stand with aptitude, logical and verbal reasoning tests, there are a lot of products in the market for this. I did use 'the ultimate career interview' app from app store its worthy.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a forward and future?
      What is the difference between an option and future?
      What would you choose, an option or a future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone screen at first with HR, relatively normal with no specific questions. They asked specific questions but it didn't seem like they knew the answers. In person interview was Interviews with multiple people, more based on fit. Less technical questions other than the specific job role.

Interview Questions

• Volcker Rule specifics, overall job experience, experience working with teams.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

kpmg interviewed me six times. three of them were face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you dont get a job   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Nothing technical or accounting specific but rather looking to see if it would be a fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

Went with another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I interviewed at KPMG (South Bend, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I was invited for an on campus interview. Some of the questions were very specific even though it was supposed to be behavioral. Interviewer seemed a little bit full of himself even and was not impressed by work experience as it was somewhat unconventional. However, the recruiter that landed me the interview after the career fair was very impressed so that inconsistency was quite frustrating.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I got the job offer from MBA college campus placement process. GD followed by 2 rounds of interview. Both interviews were non technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial pay they offered was too low. So I negotiated to increase the pay. They agreed to it.